Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,092 times

Advertisements

"...lawl what? Skinny jeans? Flared leg jeans? I'm a guy, not a woman lol."

Hey buddy, we all haven't been shopping at K-Mart and Wal-Mart for our Wranglers throughout the past 25 years. It's definitely safe to say you're the stereotypical ignorant American man. So just by having even the most basic knowledge of what EACH AND EVERY single denim designer on planet earth uses (skinny, boot, flared, straight, etc...) to describe their styles of jeans, according to you, makes you a woman. Your a major part of the reason Americans are globally looked down upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,350,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedAmericanMaleMind View Post
"...lawl what? Skinny jeans? Flared leg jeans? I'm a guy, not a woman lol."

Hey buddy, we all haven't been shopping at K-Mart and Wal-Mart for our Wranglers throughout the past 25 years. It's definitely safe to say you're the stereotypical ignorant American man. So just by having even the most basic knowledge of what EACH AND EVERY single denim designer on planet earth uses (skinny, boot, flared, straight, etc...) to describe their styles of jeans, according to you, makes you a woman. Your a major part of the reason Americans are globally looked down upon.
Greatest post, ever.

Edit: You're not a man if you type "lawl" or "lol" on the internet. Also, nice subtle im so awesome compliment me post ("but most of its muscle"), for a quite common and easy to fix problem. Worst posted topic ever.

"I have this chiseled eight pack. Some girls don't like it. How do get rid of it? Will this be something I have to live with for the rest of my life? If not, how should I mitigate it?".

Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,230,553 times
You two realize this thread is over 2 yrs old, right?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:12 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,350,195 times
Yeah, I realized that when I saw the guy that isn't living anymore post.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
Dude I've the same problem. Big thighs and all but I like to wear skinny jeans and stuff like that. But my legs are super muscular because I skateboard and bmx so as long as i do that i guess they'll stay thick and stuff.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
I have a big time issue with jeans and dress pants! What can you do....?? Clothes are set up for people who don't work out. That is the simple truth.
Uhh, BINGO! You nailed it.

It's the most frustrating thing in the world that clothes are designed for mediocre people with mediocre bodies. I really get frustrated by that. It's like our society has become so disinterested in being healthy that we can't even make clothes for the ideal body build, now anyone who is in shape basically has to suck it up because you won't find clothes that fit you properly without massive effort.

My thighs are huge, I've leg pressed 1,000 pounds in the past fairly easily, and I can't fit into any jeans that aren't labeled "loose fit" or some variation of that. Even ones labeled "relaxed fit" don't usually fit, because that's a level above the loose fit ones. With Express, for instance, I fit into only 2 of their styles, and 1 is a tight fit that looks ridiculous on me. NONE of these are "loose fit," they are tight as heck. I can barely fit into them and put a wallet into my pocket. They're clearly made for guys who skipped leg day their entire lives. My waist is 32", so I'm not some big fatty with huge fat thighs. My legs are 34" long, so it's very tough finding any pants that work. They seem to assume people with 34" legs have massive waists, or something. My friend who is 6'1" is a 34x32, so somehow he's 3 inches taller than me with 2 inches smaller legs. Talk about a massive torso! LOL.

The other astonishing issue is men's formal wear. Thank god I don't go to the office or work in the suit-and-tie world, because I would be broke. I have one suit that was custom made for $2,000. It's a very nice suit and I wear it to weddings or my film premiere or ... extremely rarely, put it that way. But it's nice to have one suit. Apparently, the "average" drop from chest to waist is 6", but I have a 42-44" chest depending on how muscular I am at the time, and a 32" waist. That's a 10-12" drop, so if I bought a suit off the racks they're going to give me 38" pants with a top that fits. Uhh... 38" waist?!?! That's insane! So it means either custom designed suit or try to find separates that you can combine. I have no idea how a 6" drop can be considered normal when if you're in good shape, it should absolutely be 8" minimum, 10" for most people, and 12" for well trained athletes, maybe even 14" for bigger bodybuilders. I only bench 225, I'm not a freak of nature here, so if I have a 10-12" drop it seems insane to me that they can't design suits for that. It seems insane in general to make an assumption about your waist based on your chest, which really has nothing to do with anything. My waist doesn't change just because my chest grows larger.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:34 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,230,553 times
Zombie thread!

Old 07-30-2016, 11:04 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,199,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djninjawolfman View Post
Dude I've the same problem. Big thighs and all but I like to wear skinny jeans and stuff like that. But my legs are super muscular because I skateboard and bmx so as long as i do that i guess they'll stay thick and stuff.

Trade you my skinny thighs for a pair of big ones to go along with 17" calves and thick ankles.

Talk about out-of-proportion. Sheesh.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:55 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,568,775 times
My wife loves men with muscular thighs, that what she liked when we met. Lots of woman like it. Lots of guys too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness