Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,284 times

Advertisements

I picked up an item which probably has been out for decades but it is the Ab wheel, the thing that has little tires on it with handles and you roll it back and forth for your abs. Anyone else use this product? What do you think of it. I used it last night for the first time and I'm feeling it today. Not only my Abs are sore but I can feel it in my shoulders and arms. A very inexpensive item that sure packs a punch. It's not much of a versatile item to incorporate using it for other exercises....but I'm not creative so if anyone has possibly some other usage this item will work for other exercises, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 08:25 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
My husband uses it quite often and thinks it's the only thing that works for him. Good luck with it and Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:51 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
It's not much of a versatile item to incorporate using it for other exercises....but I'm not creative so if anyone has possibly some other usage this item will work for other exercises, please let me know.
I have one and have been using it for years. Its a great, cheap piece of exercise equipment that I recommend to everyone.

It definitely is more of a specialized piece of equipment so there really isnt much you can do other than what its designed for, but here are a couple things you can try:

1. Instead of doing it on your knees, try it from a standing position. Knees are only slightly bent, with legs stiff. Go all the way forward, then roll the ab wheel all the way back to your toes. You have to go SLOW.

2. Try holding the extended position (on your knees) for count of three, then rolling it back into the starting position.

This is a bit of variety. Great purchase, and good luck in your exercise/fitness program.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:11 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I have never used one, but have read and heard great things about them. Best of luck in the New Year!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:38 PM

540 posts, read 1,910,284 times
Really cheap in price, under ten bucks depending on what store you go to. One of the best equipment that is really effective. I recommend everyone try it at least once.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,363 times
I love it! I told my brother about it and he loves it. It's killer, tho.

You can roll to the side for the obliques as well.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:01 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
I think a lot of very overweight and out of shape people were getting injured with the ab wheel. I think its an excellent workout but it presumes a certain level of fitness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness