Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 PM

84 posts, read 196,047 times

Advertisements

there is a very good and cheap way to lose weight, using a jump rope, you can lose more calories using jump rope than on treadmill, make sure you buy the best quality jump rope, like $20 dollars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:16 PM

72 posts, read 142,248 times
Running, light weight training and diet modification worked for me. The basic idea is increased activity and fewer calories.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:39 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
B12 shots

Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I lost over a hundred pounds by putting the chips away and start sleeping. Sleep deprivation and overeating made me fat.
Are you totally serious about this? You simply stopped eating chips and got more sleep? What about exercise and any other dietary changes? I work out on exercise bike and lift dumbells over a hour each day, totally stopped eating chips and I haven't lost any weight even though I've added more vegetables to my diet and stopped eating bread too.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,561 times
I used to do exercises before I go to bed , wearing the Sauna Belt. Exercise makes me sweat , but I feel that I lost so much weight and I am healthier than before.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:14 AM

Wouldn't a sauna belt just make you lose water weight and not real fat?

Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Are you totally serious about this? You simply stopped eating chips and got more sleep? What about exercise and any other dietary changes? I work out on exercise bike and lift dumbells over a hour each day, totally stopped eating chips and I haven't lost any weight even though I've added more vegetables to my diet and stopped eating bread too.
Well, some people are built differently than others. Plus you don't know his/her schedule, so it is quite possible that s/he is very active at work and all she had to do was make slight dietary changes and sleeping habits.

As for your own workout, you need to "shock" your body by doing different routines. Having the same routine would allow your body to adapt. Plus, I would recommend that you throw in about 30 minutes of actual cardio (full body ones) as the bike is stationary and mainly works out your legs :/

Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
The best way to loose weight?
Simple....eat less....next...

Oh I almost forgot...grapefruit has a enzyme in it
or something...that forces your body to loose weight
Look it up...

Old 01-30-2010, 09:56 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuljago View Post
there is a very good and cheap way to lose weight, using a jump rope, you can lose more calories using jump rope than on treadmill, make sure you buy the best quality jump rope, like $20 dollars
Make sure you have good support shoes with cushions, and don't jump on a hard surface. I did this for many months and now I have plantar fasciitis - my heels hurt a lot. So I'm currently stuck with exercise bike and free weights. It is very good aerobic exercise though!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
The best way to loose weight?
Simple....eat less....next...

Oh I almost forgot...grapefruit has a enzyme in it
or something...that forces your body to loose weight
Look it up...
You have to be careful about grapefruit. It slows down the CYP34A liver pathway so it can cause problems if you also take medications that are processed through the same pathway. That's why you see warnings on some medicine labels to not drink grapefruit juice while taking product. You should also not drink alcohol if you are going to consume grapefruit daily. Otherwise you can end up inhibiting liver function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness