Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I've not have one fast food meal in 8 months. I don't drink soda and have not had any bread or chips in weeks. I have salads and I do not put salad dressing on it. Eat lean meats & vegetables only & the occasional soup. No cakes, no cookies, no chocolate. I eat cleaner than most skinny people I know.
Salads are NOTHING FOOD!! Especially if you make it with iceberg lettuce. If you really want a salad, make it with baby spinach, dried cranberries (just a few), almond slivers, walnuts and lemon pepper. There is NO health/nutritional value in lettuce salad.

I think you may just need to up the intensity levels in your workouts. If you run, try to run farther and faster. If you lift weights, try to lift heavier weights. Do this while watching what you eat and Im sure you'll notice a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's a saying.

You won't lose weight even if you run a marathon every day as long as you don't create calorific deficit.

You can work out every day like crazy, yet keep eating "good" food. They tend to balance each other out. So, all the exercise you do simply helps prevent more body mass. It does not help burn mass already available coz there is no deficit.

Two pronged attack - cardio and diet. And come back and tell us in 2 months. You'll be surprised at all the weight loss
I am doing cardio every day. I have also completely changed my diet. Apparently you didn't really read my original post.

If anything I probably need to eat more because I only eat two meals a day. I really don't get that hungry despite the assumption that all fat people cram food all day long.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Salads are NOTHING FOOD!! Especially if you make it with iceberg lettuce. If you really want a salad, make it with baby spinach, dried cranberries (just a few), almond slivers, walnuts and lemon pepper. There is NO health/nutritional value in lettuce salad.
I don't eat iceberg lettuce. I'm allergic to it or something because it makes my stomach hurt and I have trouble breathing after I eat it. The salad I make has dark greens like spinach, dark and red romaine, oak leaf, aragula, carrots and occasionally I include jicama. I also eat a lot of green beans and eat almonds almost daily as a snack or as part of dinner.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I am doing cardio every day. I have also completely changed my diet. Apparently you didn't really read my original post.

If anything I probably need to eat more because I only eat two meals a day. I really don't get that hungry despite the assumption that all fat people cram food all day long.
Then it's time to make it mathematical. Get a body bugg. It's gonna show you how much is coming in and how much's going out.

You'll have stats as to where things are going wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness