Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:13 PM

3 posts, read 4,129 times

Advertisements

My mother Sylvia Reeves was going with Clude Harvie and had a child with him in 1959.

I lived with Clyde when he owned a bar in Fairbanks. He had a bar under the hotel that burned down in 56-57.
My half brother is Clyde's son. She also went with Johnny Homethko when he ran Club 11. As a kid I lived in apartments built under the Club. As far as I know Clyde Harvie was killed in a car wreck in California- I don't know if this is accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 03:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,129 times
Default Clyde Harvie

I'm a novice on this sight which I found while trying to research a bar that Clyde Harvie owned in Fairbanks in the 56-58 era. It burned down during that period. My mother was going with Clyde and had a son by him in 1959. Her name was Sylvia Reeves. She also went with Johnny Homethko when he was running Club 11
My name is Larry Reeves would love to talk about my childhood in Fairbanks from 1956-1958.
We lived with Clyde in the last house on the left as you come from town on Noble Street.
My email address is lrreeves1@live.com telephone 541 733 6284 any information would be appreciated.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:31 PM

457 posts, read 661,028 times
Polaris Building.

So, Fairbanksians, what is the story on the Polaris building? Seems a pity to junk what was once one of two
modern apartment buildings in the heart of Fairbanks. Now, of course, they are no longer all that modern, but still.....

The words is...?

Old 02-05-2018, 11:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
+rwjoyak "One of the strip clubs downtown (Bare Affair) used to give us 10 free pitchers of beer, win or lose, no matter how many of us made it down to the place after a game."

I used to perform in a band that played at the Bare Affair.

Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
My Aunt Janie was a fixture in Fairbanks. She did travel to Florida via cross-country motorhome trip every year. We loved her. I think she ran a gun range with her husband at one point. I believe her kids are still there. Her kids would be probably in their 70s.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 PM

406 posts, read 756,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
My Aunt Janie was a fixture in Fairbanks. She did travel to Florida via cross-country motorhome trip every year. We loved her. I think she ran a gun range with her husband at one point. I believe her kids are still there. Her kids would be probably in their 70s.

last names really help?

Old 02-09-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreb View Post
last names really help?
Maiden name Bailey. I have to look up her married name, sorry. Anyone who knew her would have recognized the description, I think. Quite a character. I'll post her married name.

Old 04-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Maiden name Bailey. I have to look up her married name, sorry. Anyone who knew her would have recognized the description, I think. Quite a character. I'll post her married name.
I think her last name was Mark. Janie Mark.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:02 PM

599 posts, read 498,540 times
There are many American cities that I have visited repeatedly, in the last 20-25 years. Everywhere from Miami to Bangor Maine, and San Diego to Fairbanks. Of all those, Fairbanks stands out for a giving me an odd, but good feeling. It's considerably more "sanitized" then when I first visited, years ago, with all the usual trapping of corporate USA, new Walmart, chain restaurants and stores from the outside, and new construction everywhere. But one thing always stuck about first seeing Fairbanks, decades ago. It not only looked like it had some real rough edges in years past, but you could feel somehow it were just barely covering up a colorful, and wild era, full of characters and stories that still left some of the locals shaking their heads and smiling.

I've had the same feeling is some old small towns in the western plains, and even Whitehorse. I can't imagine how rough and entertaining some of those places were a hundred years ago, or even in the 1950s.................

Old 03-05-2019, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 799 times
I played music at the Keyboard Lounge from December 1966 until May of 1967. The band was called the Beau Gents. I brought up a trio I knew from my home town, Salinas, CA in 1967 and we played that club 7 nights a week from 10 pm until 5 am. Was the coldest winter I ever lived. The band was myself on Hammond B3, Jim Monigold, Harvey Chaffin and Tim (Beau) Powell. All except for myself have passed away. From there I played Whitehorse, Ketchikan, Haines, Petersburg and ended up in Juneau where I played the Anchor Room for years while working for KINY radio and television. I moved to Nashville in 1973 and still play some music, Playing piano on some dates with Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Bobby Bare. My regular job for the past 35 + years is the Radio Promotion Company I run called Bill Wence Promotions...you can find me on the web and on facebook. What a time I had playing in Alaska for over five years. It was an experience of a lifetime, Bill Wence [email]billwencepro@earthlink.net[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks