U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 05:42 PM

8 posts, read 46,627 times

Advertisements

I have a relative coming from seattle next month and were trying to figure out the cheapest way to fly to Fargo, I have looked on line and I found a couple of round trip tickets for around $400, is there a cheaper way to go? My sister travels out of the country alot and she always uses a travel agency, Is it cheaper to go through a travel agency or to find low fares on line?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:09 PM

1,928 posts, read 4,521,867 times
If you're open to taking a train, there is the Amtrak Empire Builder that goes from Seattle to Chicago with a stop in Fargo.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:23 AM

9 posts, read 5,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMchayes View Post
I have a relative coming from seattle next month and were trying to figure out the cheapest way to fly to Fargo, I have looked on line and I found a couple of round trip tickets for around $400, is there a cheaper way to go? My sister travels out of the country alot and she always uses a travel agency, Is it cheaper to go through a travel agency or to find low fares on line?
$400 is pretty much the standard cost. You do not need a travel agent for this and the added cost.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 AM

117 posts, read 198,319 times
Why not find another city to fly into and then drive to fargo. Maybe its cheaper to fly in elsewhere. Somewhere that may be a short drive to Fargo. Just a thought.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 AM

9,002 posts, read 16,118,243 times
Um There is No cheaper Place to fly to near Fargo. Check a map, Fargo is in the 'middle' of nowhere as far as bigger cities go. Other 'nearby' city are all the same size as Fargo and will have airfares about the same.
MSP is bout 5h (each way) from Fargo, there might be a good fare there, or maybe that can fly to MSP not to SEA.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,885,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMchayes View Post
I did a quick search on Travelocity, Fargo is actually the cheapest of the big airports in ND. Grand Forks is second, followed by Bismarck and Minot. Just for fun I checked Jamestown, not surprising they were the most expensive. Delta is definitely cheaper if you can get it. United is about $200 more for the same flight in to Fargo.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM

80 posts, read 180,918 times
Sorry, not really any cheap way to fly into ND. If she could get to Las Vegas or Phoenix cheap she might be able to get an inexpensive flight on Allegiant Air. Otherwise we either pay the big bucks or drive to Minneapolis to catch our flights.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:30 PM

74 posts, read 338,792 times
The Pacific NW does not work into the Allegiant schedule. I live in MSP, and there are times it would be less expensive for me to drive to FAR to fly to LAX, PHX or MCO (off airports) than out of here!

Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM

161 posts, read 539,360 times
I used to live in Fargo and had some success with Priceline. It works well if you are flexible on times.

Also, there is a site called www.airfarewatchdog.com. You put in your departure city (in this case Seattle), and it pulls up the current deals, many of which are for short-notice, last minute travel 1-2 weeks out. Fargo always had deals, usually on United. I remember flying roundtrip from Fargo to cities in the mountain time zone like Billings, Albuquerque, and Colorado Springs for under $250.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo