U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,566 times

Advertisements

Do not underestimate the cold. Winters are long and hard. We do not live in winter, we merely survive. Nothing ever closes and we are forced to face bitter, bone chilling cold every day. Every moning is scraping ice and snow off the cars and shoveling, in temps so low it hurts. This is a fact. You have to be able to handle this. January and February are the worst. We spend 5 months out of the year, surviving until spring. There is no cold, like ND. That said, the rest of the year varies if we every can say we actually have any hot days. Temps are usually very mild....but we enjoy easy going lifestyles. We have the best healthcare and school system. We were somewhat untouched by the so-called recession. Safest place in the U.S. for kids, they can play outside all day without any worry. Very low crime. You know what they say " The cold keeps out the rif-raf". So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
Here is another family that wants to move to Fargo. We have done so much research on Fargo, that my head started to spin. I've heard about the winter up in ND, but did not expect -80 with the wind chill, until I converted Fahrenheits to cellsius. I am from the Bavarian alps. I am used to harsh winters. Now I am not so scared of Fargo winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or