U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:28 AM

116 posts, read 86,816 times

Advertisements

I graduated a bit older than your average bear from University of Houston with a BS in Hotel Restaurant Management, but I mainly do bulk food like hospitals, retirement homes, and schools. Not a great cook, but I like to bake and make food of all kinds. Mainly pies, lasagna, pasta dishes, cookies, and homestyle food. I also like playing bass clarinet and a little sax on the side. I got married a while back, and have been considering getting out of texas for a long time now. But I was always wondering where to go. I want snow, and old-er fashioned living. If I can get a job managing in a school/retirement home/hospital, that would be great, as I would have time for my wife and cooking/baking/music. How would it be perceived if we moved there, and I baked a pie for the new neighbors? Weird? I am in the process of looking now, and will move when I get a solid job offer. Looking for salary of at least 35k a year, or maybe 30 if the living situation was right. I'm 37, Caucasian, and a bit overweight because I keep eating my cooking(*sigh*).

Last edited by xeys_00; 01-29-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:44 PM

394 posts, read 1,047,186 times
I would say if you have good references it shouldn't be difficult to find a job in the area for that salary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or