U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 PM

110 posts, read 160,139 times

Advertisements

So it looks like we are going to be staying in Portland OR for a bit longer. My husband did not get the job he applied for. He was supposed to hear by today, so when he didn't hear anything by this afternoon he decided to call and find out for himself. He spoke to the person he interviewed with and the guy acted like he didn't even know who my husband was. And this is after he spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with my husband a week ago during an interview. ( I mean the conversation was excellent according to my husband and the even talked about their families!!!) My husband inquired about the job and the guy said he would be contacting all the candidates by the end of today. Totally ludacris! I mean the guy is on the phone with my husband and he couldn't tell him right then and there that he didn't get the job! What a chicken!!! And after all that he never even contacted him! And this guy is a big wig in the company my husband currently works for. Not a very nice way to treat a current employee who is very qualified for the job!!!
I am so sad needless to say that we are not going to be moving to Fargo. You all seem so nice and I was looking forward to the relocation. I am not sure what I am more about.... not moving or how this guy treated my husband!
Well good luck to you all and thank you so much for all the info you supplied to me. Fargo seems a very nice place to live.
God Bless!!!
Melissa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 11:46 PM

16 posts, read 37,899 times
Sorry to hear about your husband situation and good luck to you all.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,083,146 times
Sorry to hear the bad news....

Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 AM

4,747 posts, read 7,535,549 times
Very unprofessional on the part of the hiring manager/interviewer.

Unfortunately, this is the way a lot of employers are treating job seekers these days, and it's a crying shame.

I know it's little comfort, but I didn't get a job I wanted the first time, tried again later on and got it. Perserverance is the name of the game right now, take a deep breath, pray, and keep moving forward.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:46 AM

433 posts, read 961,870 times
I'm so sorry!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 AM

45 posts, read 135,704 times
Cheer up Melissa, you'll be spared Fargo's notorious winter weather.

Last edited by rzacher; 07-13-2011 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: Photo problem/error

Old 07-13-2011, 07:33 AM

3,116 posts, read 6,969,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Happy-Day View Post
My husband inquired about the job and the guy said he would be contacting all the candidates by the end of today.
It's disappointing, but in this economy there may have been over 100 candidates for that job, even a job located in Fargo. Given the national publicity that North Dakota has received, I wouldn't be at all surprised if white collar job openings in North Dakota (in otherwise glutted fields) are being flooded with resumes from across the country.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:00 PM

110 posts, read 160,139 times
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. Although the place that my husband was applying to was still in the same company he currently works for, he found out that it is being run so poorly by the manager there. Corporate is breathing down their necks in Fargo and I feel as though God was protecting him from a failing situation possibly causing his flawless reputation to be scrutinized at a later time. We are thankful now knowing the situation over there. And I guess you are right... we won't have to brave the winters there.
God Bless you all
Melissa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or