U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 AM

90 posts, read 191,092 times

Advertisements

I know that Sheryl Crow was spotted in parts of town and that Fergie and Josh Duhamel went on a trip to Fargo for Christmas.
I'd like to hear your stories.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 AM

72 posts, read 125,587 times
Wiz Khalifa was born in Minot

Old 07-23-2011, 08:40 AM

371 posts, read 973,348 times
Does Ed Schultz count as a celebrity?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Yes.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:04 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,702,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undfan View Post
Does Ed Schultz count as a celebrity?
Not sure if he's famous or notorious.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 AM

Do you mean ever or lately?

I lived in Moorhead many years ago and as a guitar player, I of course spent a good deal of time at Marguerite's Music. I saw Arloe Guthrie and George Thorogood (at different times) browsing the store. And no, I didn't say anything to them as I was too cool (ie:bashful). I've met Johnny Holm (more of a regional celeb) there several times. Of course I've seen (then Kid) Johnny Lang perform in a night club on a few occasions - to be honest, the club I saw him at was in Grand Forks. I'm assuming he was performing regularily in Fargo as well, at that time.(circa early 90's) Oh, and how could I forget, Lori Line used to stay at a hotel I worked at. Let's just say I'm not a fan, musically or otherwise.

Sports celebs? If you attend any high school basketball games, you may come across Phil Hansen (former Buffalo Bill) refereeing. He also does color for Bison football so you may see him at the Fargodome. I think he lives in Detroit Lakes. You never know when you'll see former LA Dodger Maury Wills at Newman Outdoor stadium, meeting and greeting. Of course, he used to be a coach and later did radio color with the Redhawks. I've seen a few NHL players in town for various functions - not too unusual as there are a handful of them from the F-M area: Dan Irmen, the Cullens, Jason Blake that I've seen. The Roger Maris golf tournament usually brings a lot of celebs from the sports world to town also, but I've never attended.

Oh, and Ed Schultz. Twas summer, mid to late 80's, I'm at the south side Scheels service desk, getting some keys duplicated or somethiing. Ed comes in with a broken window and volunteered to me and anyone else standing there, that this was the second time he replaced that window as well as a screen on door that summer, because of his kids being so wild and hard on stuff (not his words). He wasn't really bitching or anything. It was more of a parent's good humored exasperation. We all had a good laugh.

Last edited by undfan; 07-24-2011 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: forgot some stuff

Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undfan View Post
Do you mean ever or lately?

I lived in Moorhead many years ago and as a guitar player, I of course spent a good deal of time at Marguerite's Music. I saw Arloe Guthrie and George Thorogood (at different times) browsing the store. And no, I didn't say anything to them as I was too cool (ie:bashful). I've met Johnny Holm (more of a regional celeb) there several times. Of course I've seen (then Kid) Johnny Lang perform in a night club on a few occasions - to be honest, the club I saw him at was in Grand Forks. I'm assuming he was performing regularily in Fargo as well, at that time.(circa early 90's) Oh, and how could I forget, Lori Line used to stay at a hotel I worked at. Let's just say I'm not a fan, musically or otherwise.

Sports celebs? If you attend any high school basketball games, you may come across Phil Hansen (former Buffalo Bill) refereeing. He also does color for Bison football so you may see him at the Fargodome. I think he lives in Detroit Lakes. You never know when you'll see former LA Dodger Maury Wills at Newman Outdoor stadium, meeting and greeting. Of course, he used to be a coach and later did radio color with the Redhawks. I've seen a few NHL players in town for various functions - not too unusual as there are a handful of them from the F-M area: Dan Irmen, the Cullens, Jason Blake that I've seen. The Roger Maris golf tournament usually brings a lot of celebs from the sports world to town also, but I've never attended.

Oh, and Ed Schultz. Twas summer, mid to late 80's, I'm at the south side Scheels service desk, getting some keys duplicated or somethiing. Ed comes in with a broken window and volunteered to me and anyone else standing there, that this was the second time he replaced that window as well as a screen on door that summer, because of his kids being so wild and hard on stuff (not his words). He wasn't really bitching or anything. It was more of a parent's good humored exasperation. We all had a good laugh.
To answer the question before your stories it can be any time. And those are some pretty neat celeb sightings.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:37 AM

418 posts, read 1,185,440 times
In years past (late 80's, early 90's), Dick Clark could be periodically sighted in the Northport Hornbachers. His wife is from Fargo, and they periodically checked in on her mother in N. Fargo.
Jeff Bridges is also married to someone w/ ties to Fargo, but I don't know that he's been sighted as often.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:57 PM

203 posts, read 526,183 times
Q: why does anyone care? One of the beauties of NoDak is that it's not concerned with celebs. My fave restaurant in Minot is part owned by Josh Duhamel. I'm not even sure what he does. regardless, when he 's at dinner, he's having dinner. If he's not, life goes on.
Jeez, give these guys a break. I remember being at the track in New Orleans between Ricky Jackson' and John goodman's table. Those poor guys couldn't catch a break.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondertrev View Post
Q: why does anyone care? One of the beauties of NoDak is that it's not concerned with celebs. My fave restaurant in Minot is part owned by Josh Duhamel. I'm not even sure what he does. regardless, when he 's at dinner, he's having dinner. If he's not, life goes on.
Jeez, give these guys a break. I remember being at the track in New Orleans between Ricky Jackson' and John goodman's table. Those poor guys couldn't catch a break.
A: North Dakota born, Minnesota resident here. I don't know about people in Minot, but, and I think I can speak for most RR Valley natives, our 4 biggest "cares" in this world, in no particular order are:

- our families
- our country
- our planet
- celeb sightings in Fargo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo