U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM

3,116 posts, read 6,972,616 times

Advertisements

Who are the DSL providers in Fargo and are any of them good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 01:58 AM

231 posts, read 772,104 times
I used to have Qwest, they were fine, but we had a problem with the house phone lines and switched to Cableone and cable internet. It costs about $40 a month with the package deal, but it's never down and it's really fast. If you are online as much as me, it's worth it. Cableone as a cable tv provider is really lousy if you ask me, I will be switching to Directv with my next move. If you are in a area that Midcontinent cable services, I'd get that and also sign up for their digital internet service. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Cableone has the contract for the city of Fargo, Midcontinent goes in all the other areas, such as West Fargo, Moorhead, etc.

I thought you were moving to Bismarck?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Bismarck was a possibility, but we ended up heading to Fargo instead. I'm really impressed with just how much new development there is in the southwest part of the city; it almost looks brand new. It almost felt like the town was just exploding with urban sprawl and growth.

We have Dish Network, so a cable plan won't work unless they offer a reasonably-priced stand-alone service. I think we might go with IdeaOne Telecom for our DSL. (The idea of having to pay to rent a DSL modem from Qwest/Centurylink irks me.)

http://ideaone.com/residential/internet.aspx

Old 09-13-2011, 01:34 PM

IdeaOne is unavailable at my new place. It looks like I'm going to be stuck with "bring your own modem or pay to rent ours" Qwest/Centurylink.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Fargo has new growth all over. Once a guy asked me where the "red light" district was. I laughed and said "this is Fargo, there is no red light district". If you make it through the long cold winters, it's a great place to live. Lots of golfing, shopping, good airport with lots of direct flights to vacations spots, and the Minnesota lakes country is about an hour away. Let me know if you have any questions about the area. Good luck with the internet service.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 PM

Actually, last week the Fargo police held a police prostitution sting that bagged 4 prostitutes. (I've been reading the Forum online.)

Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 AM

It's pretty amazing. The police didn't run a prostitution sting because there is a problem that needs to be addressed. They did it because there basically isn't a lot else for them to do, other than write traffic tickets.

So they book a room at the Motel 6 and make appointments with every exotic dancer in the area with a Craigslist ad and then when they get there, they offer them some extra money for sex. All of this effort "bagged" a total of 4 prostitutes. Quite the crime spree in a city with a metro area of over 120,000.

Last edited by Tundra dweller; 09-14-2011 at 02:41 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Heh heh. Yeah. I guess they have nothing better to do than to harass hard-working women who are minding their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or