U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,083,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerideaf View Post
Thanks to DaninEGF. Any tips for the snowmobile beginners? such as taking lessons and where to rent.
Here is info from SnoRiders which is the local Fargo club...

There is youth training classes....dont know about adults. Dont know about renting snowmobiles.... but you can ask them for more info.

Home

For in town.....snowmobiles are required to stay on designated routes....and are supposed to remain on roads unless there is a designated groomed trail off road. I know many the park district and snow mobile club folks do groom traills in some parks. Some snowmobile routes follow roads, and in rural areas riders can ride in the ditches along highways. You cant just go anywhere....just like any vehicle. If you buy one it must be registered and have a small plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:56 AM

348 posts, read 894,658 times
Thanks. (If I get this job) I have to convert from alpine skiing to nordic skiing. I found a good link about the Prairie's Edge Nordic Skiers

Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 PM

Other threads mentioned how bad on the mosquitoes, but they said there are less mosquitoes inside the boundary of Fargo/Moorhead due to spraying so I want to know your first-hand experience.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM

231 posts, read 771,822 times
If you live in an apartment I wouldn't worry about mosquitoes. They can be a problem if you have a house near the Red River, or a lake home. Just buy some mosquito spray for when you go to the park. No problem.

There are ton's of nice newer apartments all over Fargo and Moorhead. Wait until you get here before you decide on anything. You will probably want to get something as close to work as possible, so the winter drive is less treacherous.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:18 PM

254 posts, read 411,953 times
If F/M gets a rainy spring, the mosquitoes can be quite bothersome. However, both metro areas and many of the surrounding areas do aerial spraying of mosquitoes, so that helps, although the sprayers generally recommend that you not be outdoors while they are spraying. If you leave the metro to go to the lakes, for example, you probably want to take spray with you. I'm not a big fan of covering myself in chemicals but the alternative (getting bit) is not wonderful. I knew a young man who contracted Lyme disease and it was a long recovery for him... The good news is that you will be hard pressed to find a mosquito in November. Best wishes.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 AM

15,824 posts, read 18,440,406 times
I am from north of Fargo, Pay attention to where the flooding happens, every spring. Avoid if you can. There should be some info online, it was national news last 2 yrs.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:04 PM

How good is MATBUS?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Matbus? Well, my 72 year old mom rides it occasionally and has never complained. And she complains about everything. I'm guessing you will find it clean and consistent. Waiting for it might not be as pleasant in the Winter however.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:53 AM

This area is also called "the Cass-Clay County Region"?

Old 11-19-2011, 10:30 AM

Yeah, I guess. Fargo is in Cass county and Moorhead is in Clay county. They are separated by the Red River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo