U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 AM

379 posts, read 687,332 times
Default Goldmark's reputation is so bad that---

a rally and protest is taking place at their headquarters:
Protest, rally today to call for reform at Goldmark | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

"The Renter's Rights Committee and OccupyFM will stage a protest from 3 to 5 p.m. today at Goldmark Properties Management, 1707 Gold Dr. in Fargo, a news release stated.
"The time has come to demand Goldmark Properties reform their corrupt and unacceptable management practices," the release says."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM

10 posts, read 29,319 times
Thanks for posting. My wife and I are about to move to the area and will avoid them.

Now to find something easy to get into!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 PM

2,774 posts, read 4,335,830 times
Here's a link to the OccupyFM post about Goldmark:

OCCUPY GOLDMARK – FRIDAY JUNE 1st 2012 |

Old 06-21-2012, 05:27 PM

10 posts, read 22,737 times
Yikes! Sounds like this company truly does need to shape up or get out of business! Reminds me of a situation with a similar company back in the 80's in Eugene, OR. I am not sure about damanges - but I do know the y kept college students security deposits to pay for their bills!
I am relocating to Fargo (Mid July) and will definately avoid them at all costs. Thank you for the heads up!!

Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 AM

524 posts, read 617,048 times
My mom relo'd from Orlando to Fargo, a few months ago, and was able to find a nice landlord. Goldmarks occupancy rates are so low because they credit check the crap out of people, and most of the people moving to ND are fleeing the recession-therefore they have poor credit.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:59 AM

214 posts, read 441,522 times
I guy I know just moved out of one of their apartments and said there's zero chance of ever getting your deposit back no matter what condition you leave it in. He claims they are big crooks.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 AM

379 posts, read 687,332 times
He claims they are big crooks.

Yup.
And one of their major partners, Rick Berg, is running for the US Senate.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM

111 posts, read 191,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchinnd View Post
He claims they are big crooks.

Yup.
And one of their major partners, Rick Berg, is running for the US Senate.

Listen do you think the 'ownership society' benefited the poor? Really?

Who gets laid off the most? Last hired and first fired? And needs mobility to relocate all over hell and back to find a halfway decent job?

They needed lower cost rental opportunities NOT real estate. The bankers, builders, brokers all made money on 'ownership society' - the poor didn't. They got crushed.

I recognized that then - thought the ownership pitch was a fraud even back then - never dreamed it would turn out as bad as it did.

The short term thinking, on an individual basis, is now normal as people don't go to work for a company and stay for many years. So without the idea of a long term commitment to and from one company - short term is all you've got.

The social contract was broken and now distrust fills the void.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM

2,774 posts, read 4,335,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrickett View Post
The short term thinking, on an individual basis, is now normal as people don't go to work for a company and stay for many years. So without the idea of a long term commitment to and from one company - short term is all you've got.
...Which makes it very difficult to commit to a long-term investment such as a house, especially in a smaller town there there may only be a handful of businesses that hire people in your field. It gets even more complicated when both a husband and a wife have trained to work in certain fields.

I'll be surprised if the housing market ever recovers (on a nationwide basis). Would-be new homeowners have tons of student loans and in this economy it's difficult to commit yourself to a certain location long-term.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM

33 posts, read 76,366 times
Goldmark is all tied up with the unpopular Republican senator, Rick Berg. Both of them have terrible local public relations.

Goldmark is also notorious for renting, as my own landlord says, to " ... really trashy people ... " That is also my own personal experience when I look at at several nearby properties managed by Goldmark.

Just stay away from Goldmark is my advice to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo