U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,862 times

Advertisements

I have been going to college down here in Florida for about 5 years now part time. I was working a fairly good job but now I have been laid off. I have been wanting to move to the midwest for a long time now and see this as my oppurtunity.

Does anyone here attend NDSU? The pharmacy program especially? I am thinking of either transferring after I finish the prereqs or just heading right up next semester. Is it difficult to transfer from a out of state community college to NDSU?

Also I see that the school prefers in state residents. Is it correct that if I vote, pay taxes etc.. there for a year I would become in state and would have a better chance?

I am sure I have more questions but I don't want to overload this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 02:37 PM

73 posts, read 149,884 times
Hi,

I would contact NDSU and ask them the questions you are asking on here. I do know the next semester starts up on August 19th so you may have to be quick about your move. I do know that tuition is higher for people out of state unless you are from one of the states that ND does resiprosity with. Those states are usually MN- SD and Montana I am not sure there are others.

Here is the link to admissions from NDSU.. They are very helpful in answering questions.

Office of Admission (NDSU)

Maybe if there are any NDSU students on here they can help you better than I can.

Good luck..

Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Thank you m'am *tips hat* . I'll keep an eye on this thread and email them as well. I meant the spring semester. I am going to do one more semester here because I am stuck until the end of the year.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Noone here attends NDSU?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 AM

7 posts, read 11,069 times
I realize this is a little late, but maybe it will help someone out. NDSU is a excellent institution! I chose NDSU over UCF, UNF, and UF (I am from florida as well). I have heard nothing but great things about the pharmacy program here. As far as transferring, it is not any different than just applying as a resident in my opinion. My fiancé and I both transferred together from out of state (both got in with ease). However, you will have to pay out of state tuition until you are a resident for a year. NDSU out of state tuition is double the in state resident tuition. Therefore, you may be better off becoming a resident first. The main thing to prove residency is a utility bill and vehicle registration/ND drivers license.

A great benefit of going to NDSU is the cost of living in Fargo, it is much cheaper than Florida! And the unemployment rate is less than 3% last I checked. My current rent is 535 everything included 2bd/1ba close to NDSU. I would not be able to find that back in Orlando unless it was in the bad neighborhoods.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 PM

28 posts, read 47,865 times
I am super late, but if anyone has any NDSU questions I can help out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo