U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM

313 posts, read 617,527 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting Fargo on September 28 for a long weekend. The hotel where I am staying has a very small fitness room, but I would prefer to do some walking or hiking outdoors if there are options available. I typically walk or hike six miles a day so a longer trail would be ideal. I am visiting alone so a safe area would be good (not that Fargo is up unsafe, but you can never be too careful).

Is there a park or recreational trail in or near Fargo? I don't know much about the area, but if it helps, I will be at the Candlewood Suites which I believe is in north Fargo, but I don't mind a short (15-20 minute) drive to get somewhere that will suit me.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:10 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,083,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I will be visiting Fargo on September 28 for a long weekend. The hotel where I am staying has a very small fitness room, but I would prefer to do some walking or hiking outdoors if there are options available. I typically walk or hike six miles a day so a longer trail would be ideal. I am visiting alone so a safe area would be good (not that Fargo is up unsafe, but you can never be too careful).

Is there a park or recreational trail in or near Fargo? I don't know much about the area, but if it helps, I will be at the Candlewood Suites which I believe is in north Fargo, but I don't mind a short (15-20 minute) drive to get somewhere that will suit me.

Thanks!
Here is a map of recreational trails in Fargo. Many walking-mutli-use paths in the city....some as extra wide sidewalks along roads. Your best bet is to go along the River as there is a long walking path along the Red.... Would suggest going to Lindenwood Park and then walking north along the Red ....you can easily go to the south end of downtown.... no traffic just scenic along the red river. Lindenwood is off 17th-18th Ave S and just north of I-94. You can take I-94 exit at University....going north to 18th Ave S and then right.

http://www.fargoparks.com/pdf/parkin...kmap042512.pdf

Facilities - Park Rentals - Fargo Park District - Fargo, North Dakota ND 58103

In north Fargo...check out trails in Edgewood golf course area and Trollwood park. I have not as familiar with that area though.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM

That's very helpful information. Thanks

Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM

I did the Lindenwood Park/Red River Trail and it was exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the tip!

I went there twice and got good, long walks in on both Friday and Saturday. The weather was perfect. Fargo is a wonderful little city, I can see why mother, who grew up there, had such fond memories of it.

Thanks again.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,083,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I did the Lindenwood Park/Red River Trail and it was exactly what I was looking for - thanks for the tip!

I went there twice and got good, long walks in on both Friday and Saturday. The weather was perfect. Fargo is a wonderful little city, I can see why mother, who grew up there, had such fond memories of it.

Thanks again.
Thanks for letting us know....great weather this time for your visit.

Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo