U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 04:40 PM

14 posts, read 37,377 times

Advertisements

So we moved to Fargo. We were bouncing back and fourth between Minot and Fargo but we chose Fargo, for now.

We LOVE it. I see on this site a lot of people posting how mean North Dakotans are....not true. We've been here for a little bit and people could not have been nicer. Several neighbors stopped by to help us unload our UHaul, every store we go to employees and costumers say hello every 10 feet, hold open doors to every building I've been to and everyone has been super sweet to not only us but our dogs. I have yet to come across anyone rude or unwilling to chat- about anything and everything.

I have no idea about the other posters experiences but these are mine. This state and these people are exactly what I expected, kind and welcoming.

I also see people from the west coast complaining that ND isn't "fast" enough" or it's 20/ 30 years behind....guess why? That's how they want it to be! If people wanted to be in a fast paced Seattle/ LA/ SF environment then they would move to those places. Those who want to enjoy life and slow the heck down stay or come here. There isn't anything wrong with having a simpler way of life. If it isn't for you, that's just fine.

Thanks ND. I look forward to many happy years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,085,251 times
welcome the red river valley. I have lived in the Grand Forks-East Grand Forks area since 1998 and found the people just as you described. Its all about attitude you have.... I open doors for people and the same is done for me in return. I say hello and strike up a conversation with strangers and they do with me....

Hope you get settled in soon...

Dan

Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM

418 posts, read 1,185,647 times
Welcome to Fargo and glad that you're enjoying it here thus far!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM

741 posts, read 1,483,399 times
Congrats.

Keep writing on your experiences, especially in January.

The West Coast is supposed to be fast, because so much money is made and opportunity is found there. Now, more more can be made in ND and more opportunity is here, but without the hassle.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM

7 posts, read 13,760 times
Glad to hear your story about moving here! We do like the slower pace of life here, and you'll find that people are way nicer here than other areas (especially the East Coast, where I relocated from).

You have dogs? What kind are they?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM

14 posts, read 37,377 times
we have a Lab and a Queensland Heeler.

Thanks for the well wishes. We love being here. It is a breath of fresh air. For the first time we feel like we can relax and enjoy life...TOGETHER.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM

4,731 posts, read 9,085,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsFan View Post

Thanks for the well wishes. We love being here. It is a breath of fresh air. For the first time we feel like we can relax and enjoy life...TOGETHER.
very glad to hear about your successful move. I moved to the Red River valley 15 years ago and call it my home.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:29 AM

15,829 posts, read 18,446,953 times
Glad you are here. It is a state that is under appreciated....and sort of a best kept secret to those that do live here.

I moved from Cali. in 81'.....liked the folks but did not have a true love like I do now until I was a professional part of the disaster organizations after the 97' flood.

Going door to door, listening to the flood stories and seeing the strength of the citizens in the Red River Valley made me truly fall in love w/ the people here in N.D. Be they rural or city dwellers, N.D. are a strong, dedicated people.

They are for the most part the salt of the earth. I have great respect and admiration for their personal strengths, their work ethic and their pride of their home state.

Welcome to N.D.

Last edited by JanND; 08-21-2013 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: spacing

Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelsFan View Post

That's awesome! Did you have trouble finding a rental place for your dogs? I have a golden and it took me a while to find a place, but glad I did!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Glad you are here. It is a state that is under appreciated....and sort of a best kept secret to those that do live here.

I moved from Cali. in 81'.....liked the folks but did not have a true love like I do now until I was a professional part of the disaster organizations after the 97' flood.

Going door to door, listening to the flood stories and seeing the strength of the citizens in the Red River Valley made me truly fall in love w/ the people here in N.D. Be they rural or city dwellers, N.D. are a strong, dedicated people.

They are for the most part the salt of the earth. I have great respect and admiration for their personal strengths, their work ethic and their pride of their home state.

Welcome to N.D.

WELL put JanND!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or