Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,290 times

Advertisements

Hello Everybody,

I'll be moving to Fargo/Moorhead area very soon. I was wondering who are the best property management companies to rent from. Based on my research, I have found that Goldmark has a bad reputation in the area. Which is a shame because I found that some of their locations appear to be very nice (online at least). Any thoughts on Dakota Park, Candle Park, Skaff or any other ones I may have missed would be great. I'll be looking for a family friendly area with a medium range rent ($800-$1100) for now.

Now, I would prefer to rent an older single-family home in an established neighborhood but it appears the area doesn't offer much home rentals compared to the large quantity of apartments/townhomes. I do not want to buy a home until I experience the area a bit more. I have checked every local online resource for rental homes with little results. Are these rentals advertised much or would I have better luck driving around town looking for places with rental signs?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSPapaCostas View Post
Hello Everybody,

I'll be moving to Fargo/Moorhead area very soon. I was wondering who are the best property management companies to rent from. Based on my research, I have found that Goldmark has a bad reputation in the area. Which is a shame because I found that some of their locations appear to be very nice (online at least). Any thoughts on Dakota Park, Candle Park, Skaff or any other ones I may have missed would be great. I'll be looking for a family friendly area with a medium range rent ($800-$1100) for now.

Now, I would prefer to rent an older single-family home in an established neighborhood but it appears the area doesn't offer much home rentals compared to the large quantity of apartments/townhomes. I do not want to buy a home until I experience the area a bit more. I have checked every local online resource for rental homes with little results. Are these rentals advertised much or would I have better luck driving around town looking for places with rental signs?

Thanks!
Yes finding a rental single family home is difficult. I live in the Grand Forks area and thus not as familar with Fargo but there like up here most are managed my property management companies....most manage both SFH, townhomes, and apartments. Here is a google list... It sounds like you likely researched these though....but just in case.

https://www.google.com/search?q=farg...ient=firefox-a

Otherwise I would search the classified on the Fargo Forum website
Search Results | ApartmentsHQ

and on craiglist, though you must be careful of the scammers ( you'll know them by the crazy low prices).

good luck

Dan

Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 PM

231 posts, read 873,002 times
I agree with Dan. Go to ApartmentsHQ and look under specialized keyword: rental homes

The housing market is really hot in Fargo right now. The Fargo Forum article from Sundays paper said that many houses are being sold within hours or days after being made available for showings. If you don't make an offer on a house when you go on a showing, you might not get a chance the next day. House rentals are scare too. Now is the best time of the year because in the Fall many of the areas 25,000 college students need places to stay. My son rents a house with his college friends, he still pays rent on it, even though he is working in Montana for the Summer. I'm taking my state realtor test in a few days, and personally, I hope the local market continues this trend.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM

419 posts, read 1,396,594 times
Valley Rental has a decent reputation in town, and also rents 2-3 bedroom townhouses with backyards. A colleague of mine has rented a house through the local Coldwell Banker affiliate. CB does property management for independent owners of single family homes. RKAK is another property management company, but their properties tend to be a bit older with more of a student population.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 15,801 times
I have to agree with dutchinnd. Check out Valley Rental, they have good deals and the property locations are very convenient. Is there a specific area that you are looking to rent in?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:47 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,339 times
Valley Rental is solid. Prairie Property Management is another option that I haven't seen anyone mention.

I also know a few people who live in Candle Park properties and they seem to like it.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:31 PM

28 posts, read 55,227 times
I lived in Valley Rental and they were pretty good. I didnt have any problems.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM

90 posts, read 263,037 times
whatever you do, do NOT rent from any Goldmark Properties. They have quite a few complex's in Fargo, NEVER rent from them. [mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: liabilty issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo