Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 9,923 times

Advertisements

I am a single mom looking for a place for me and my 2 children. I have made so many calls and have come across no property rental agency that is even willing to work with me or at least give me a chance. I have a low 500 credit score and have been denied for apartments more times than i can count. I have a rental agency on my credit report from 2009 so that is a hug factor in my app. If anyone can help or knows of a landlord that might work with me please let me know. I have 2 jobs and no criminal backround. But also no cosigner. HELPPPPP!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 07:03 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
This is why I teach my kids their credit is their most important asset. What you do today might come back to haunt you 3-4 years later. I own rental property, I only rent to the most credit-worthy. Why should I do anything else? a hard luck story won't take you very far......

I do feel for you.....you might try looking at a rooming house, or a place that doesn't do credit checks, maybe look on Craig's List, etc.....Good Luck...

Old 12-08-2013, 04:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyInNeed View Post
I am a single mom looking for a place for me and my 2 children. I have made so many calls and have come across no property rental agency that is even willing to work with me or at least give me a chance. I have a low 500 credit score and have been denied for apartments more times than i can count. I have a rental agency on my credit report from 2009 so that is a hug factor in my app. If anyone can help or knows of a landlord that might work with me please let me know. I have 2 jobs and no criminal backround. But also no cosigner. HELPPPPP!!!!
Is this an eviction?

Old 12-20-2013, 04:56 PM

10 posts, read 25,518 times
Check Craigslist

Old 02-08-2014, 10:40 AM

10 posts, read 20,319 times
Quote:
I own rental property, I only rent to the most credit-worthy. Why should I do anything else? a hard luck story won't take you very far......
Such a warm, HUMAN way to conduct ones self! That computer generated CREDIT REPORT should be the standard bearer of how we treat human beings, forevermore! I can't imagine how the world managed to rotate prior to the 1990s! Stay classy!

Old 02-09-2014, 03:18 PM

20 posts, read 46,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlomostad View Post
Such a warm, HUMAN way to conduct ones self! That computer generated CREDIT REPORT should be the standard bearer of how we treat human beings, forevermore! I can't imagine how the world managed to rotate prior to the 1990s! Stay classy!
i don't get why people think their credit is a look at who the person is, it just sucks the USA works this way

Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,356 times
i don't get why people think their credit is a look at who the person is, it just sucks the USA works this way

Because it is a VERY real look at how you will handle your personal responsibilities in life.

If you had to be evicted once, who is to say you wouldn't again?

If I have a person with good credit, and a person with bad credit applying to rent a unit you owned. Which one would you pick?

Maybe in a bad economy it might work out for the person with bad credit, but with more tenants than rentals, the landlord can make the call, and it is a pretty simple one.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:00 PM

20 posts, read 46,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbay View Post

Because it is a VERY real look at how you will handle your personal responsibilities in life.

If you had to be evicted once, who is to say you wouldn't again?

If I have a person with good credit, and a person with bad credit applying to rent a unit you owned. Which one would you pick?

Maybe in a bad economy it might work out for the person with bad credit, but with more tenants than rentals, the landlord can make the call, and it is a pretty simple one.
so your saying a person can't change basically O_o, you don't know what happened for that led to that person being evicted

Old 02-09-2014, 08:05 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,356 times
I am telling you as a landlord, EVERY time I have taken a chance, and tried to help someone I got burned.

I won't say people can't change, but when they are done changing I will talk to them.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:21 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJ0 View Post
Creditworthiness speaks volumes about who a person is. Think about this. A friend borrows someone you know $500 dollars and never returns it. Do you think this tells you something about who the person is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: