Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 06:14 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,349 times

Advertisements

Well, I must leave, and in the summer too.

I have been transferred to Sioux Falls.

I have been very happy here, and am sad to leave so soon. I never made it out to the Boundry Waters, or Medora. Maybe another time. I am a little sad not only for leaving Fargo so soon, but for the beautiful Ash Trees outside my window that will soon be bull dozed down for the flood wall.

I know it has got to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier. Soon the Park East apartments will be no more, it was probably one of the best kept secrets of Fargo.

Oh well, goodby and Farewell.

Qazulight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 11:07 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,078 times
You time was indeed short in ND.

Post here often when you get settled. Your postings have insight to them.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:57 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
Well, I must leave, and in the summer too.

I have been transferred to Sioux Falls.
You realize that you can still post here even if you live there, right? Sometimes people lose site of that fact, but you really don't have to leave us.

I realize that Sioux Falls is an unattractive city with its nasty water feature , but I'm sure you will be able to get by despite having to avoid that area of town.

Downtown might seem cold and desolate, but just hurry down the dirty streets and make your way home. Just try not to go anywhere near this place . I don't know why people post these stupid videos.

City of Sioux Falls historic district.

Now, because of you, I'm probably going to waste hours cruising videos and google street view. Thanks a lot!
( Oh well, it will keep me from wasting time watching gopro stuff or cat and dog videos ... )

Last edited by IDtheftV; 06-20-2015 at 07:13 PM..

Old 06-20-2015, 07:07 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,609,827 times
I love the video! Thanks for sharing it! It's like Frick and Frack do Sioux Falls!

Old 06-20-2015, 08:05 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I love the video! Thanks for sharing it! It's like Frick and Frack do Sioux Falls!
This is offtopic, but I had to search for it:
Frick & Frack (1) - Lady, Let's Dance 1944

( There are an amazing amount of people calling themselves Frick & Frack. )

Here .... just to put it back on topic ( keepin' it real ) Fight in Tomar Park

( Note that Frick & Frack is 1/2 on-topic for a North Dakota post. Have you heard of Fricking an oil well? )

Old 06-20-2015, 09:26 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
You realize that you can still post here even if you live there, right? Sometimes people lose site of that fact, but you really don't have to leave us.

I realize that Sioux Falls is an unattractive city with its nasty water feature , but I'm sure you will be able to get by despite having to avoid that area of town.

Downtown might seem cold and desolate, but just hurry down the dirty streets and make your way home. Just try not to go anywhere near
this place . I don't know why people post these stupid videos.

City of Sioux Falls historic district.

Now, because of you, I'm probably going to waste hours cruising videos and google street view. Thanks a lot!
( Oh well, it will keep me from wasting time watching gopro stuff or cat and dog videos ... )

I am hoping my wife can join me there. We are talking about renting our house out in Texas, or selling it, if we do we can afford to live at the Phillips Street lofts over looking Falls Park.

That would be sweet, but, I was suffering through a short stay in Sioux Falls, slumming at the Holiday Inn Downtown. Somehow I let 10 pm slip up on me before I started looking for some thing to eat. I swear, I saw somebody rolling up the side walks on Phillips Street.

I managed to get a burger at J.L. Beers. That was a relief. The next day I made sure I saved up my per diem and went and ate at Minerva's. Still it's not the same as walking down to the Vinyl Taco, or the Wurst Haus,or that new brewery. Which is the first place I have seen that turns BYOB around to BYOF.

And, there is a distinct lack of tall thin blond girls wearing yoga pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: