U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 10:39 AM

30 posts, read 27,860 times

Advertisements

I have free air fare and plan on visiting Fargo to look for an oil job. I'm wondering if someone can enlighten me on my chances of landing an entry level job that includes man camp housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 12:03 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,090,474 times
Fargo??? no oil jobs in Fargo....you need to head west.....Fly into Williston -- check the Williston sub-forum.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM

4,230 posts, read 5,744,709 times
The only oil you're going to find in Fargo is in a food fryer.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 PM

30 posts, read 27,860 times
Haha ty.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM

7 posts, read 10,029 times
oil job seriously you will need an address in the oil field to even get looked at halliburton is backed up with applications so expect a few weeks if not a month+ its best to post on craigslist "looking for oil job" post it on the north dakota selection because honestly your going to waste an airline ticket. Most places want you to have a living place to be at, I turned down a 60k a year job out there in Williston North Dakota, why cost of living is high out there, you will burn 3k a month living out there, unless you plan on living in your car, best of luck. Have you checked out the rent? Man camps? My brother was paying $1550 a month for a studio in Watford City, ND the oil boom will eventually taper off, they only need people to find oil, then the pumps will do the rest. I really don't want to see you burn your time, and energy to find out what so many of my friends have learned its a gold rush dream. Some are making the big bucks others are leaving broke. First question I have what kind of work do you specialize in? Fargo does have jobs depends on your skills. Have you checked out Job Services of North Dakota? I wish you the best in your search and if you find something awesome just want to give you some information from what I've been told from those that have been out in the oil field since the boom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or