U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 PM

26 posts, read 46,241 times

Advertisements

That's right, gpint. A year or two of experience here and I am good to go!

Just wanted to update you guys:

I have been here in Fargo! Today was my third day here.

Spent like hours at Walmart in West Fargo today, getting stuff for my apartment.

So far it seems Fargo's weather has been very welcoming to me with this "heat wave". I am really enjoying it here so far. People have been very nice and helpful! The guy who shipped my car from California to Fargo gave me a really nice tour around town as a "welcoming gift" before taking me to pick up my car from his car carrier truck! He was so kind!

Can't wait to experience more around here.

I hope you find a job soon, gpint!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 05:07 PM

25 posts, read 41,116 times
Reading these threads is like reading a novel...I have to know what happens next...

So now you have been here over a month and in the heart of our winter...what do you think so far?
It would actually be pretty cool to hear your thoughts after a year as well, but yeah, I know.
Please keep us posted...I can't put down the book quite yet.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 AM

Hi friends!

I want to thank you guys for telling me all about Fargo! I've now been here for about 5 months now and I still love it here. It's summer now, so it's beautiful outside. People have been very nice to me here, and I LOVE the commute times and distances here. I've made quite a few friends, and haha, started drinking more often. I got to ski at "Detroit Mountain" just before winter ended. I finally got to see "The Lake" for the first time at Detroit Lake last weekend. I think there's lots to do here. I don't know what some people are talking about when they tell me it's boring here. I love this small city of Fargo, and I haven't seen all of it yet. Still a lot to see in the surrounding areas.

What I love seeing right now is that there are SOOOOOOOO many motorcycle riders out now! It's really encouraging me to get started.

Thank you for all your replies months ago. I really appreciate it! It's my day off today, so maybe I'll see some of you out in town. :P

Old 06-15-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntra View Post
Hi friends!

I want to thank you guys for telling me all about Fargo! I've now been here for about 5 months now and I still love it here. It's summer now, so it's beautiful outside. People have been very nice to me here, and I LOVE the commute times and distances here. I've made quite a few friends, and haha, started drinking more often. I got to ski at "Detroit Mountain" just before winter ended. I finally got to see "The Lake" for the first time at Detroit Lake last weekend. I think there's lots to do here. I don't know what some people are talking about when they tell me it's boring here. I love this small city of Fargo, and I haven't seen all of it yet. Still a lot to see in the surrounding areas.

What I love seeing right now is that there are SOOOOOOOO many motorcycle riders out now! It's really encouraging me to get started.

Thank you for all your replies months ago. I really appreciate it! It's my day off today, so maybe I'll see some of you out in town. :P
Great to hear everything is working out for you!! Be sure to check out the other lakes as well, they are all as beautiful as Detroit Lakes...

I hope the other posters wondering about the move on other threads are reading this!

Great to hear from you!

Old 07-17-2015, 11:54 AM

I will definitely check out the other lakes! I'm still waiting to find a chance to visit The Cities and Duluth is on my list. I'm looking forward to seeing the fall colors in the trees soon. Summer is great here. Everyone's outside, and today, I'm gonna check out that Downtown Street Fair. Maybe I'll see some of you there this evening.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:25 PM

15,511 posts, read 12,527,326 times
Quote:
Hi friends!

It seems every one on their way to Sturgis passes through Fargo.

If you like Motorcycles you may want to check out the Surgis Rally

Welcome to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally | 75th Annual 2015 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 07-19-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I will definitely check out the other lakes! I'm still waiting to find a chance to visit The Cities and Duluth is on my list. I'm looking forward to seeing the fall colors in the trees soon. Summer is great here. Everyone's outside, and today, I'm gonna check out that Downtown Street Fair. Maybe I'll see some of you there this evening.
When you go to Duluth, be sure to drive up North Shore along Lake Superior, do it in the summer or when the leaves start turning color...it's gorgeous!

The twin cities are beautiful at that time of the year as well especially St. Paul! Be sure to drive along Summit Avenue in St. Paul overlooking the city, I have never seen anything quite like this in my lifetime...The St. Paul Cathedral is located there as well.
The trees are what makes the twin cities so beautiful. There is no other city in the country of that size that compare to the number of trees the twin cities have, every time I make a trip there I still cannot believe all the trees in that area. It should be called the "the twin cities of trees".

By the way, did you try the cheese curds while at the street fair? Delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or