U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 04:01 PM

418 posts, read 1,185,187 times

Advertisements

The City of Moorhead runs Moorhead Public Service as a municipal utility. They have two wind turbines that produce electricity for their residents (along with other sources).
Depending where you choose to live, you will have electrical service through Xcel Energy, Cass County Electric, or as a remote possibility Otter Tail Power. Xcel & Otter Tail make promises about how much electricity they will be bringing on line from green sources, but I'm not sure that they've ever made their targets.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 PM

25 posts, read 41,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBeretta View Post
JohnnyBizon,

Thank you for the reply! Good to know there's another one of us out there...lol!

Again, I'm very excited to check out all the local places that I'm sure will trump most food chains.

So, I've discovered that there is no T-Mobile tower up in Fargo. That's a huge bummer because I did not want to go back to AT&T. Also, what is the best electrical/energy company in town? Since that is the only utility I have to pay for I was wondering if there were any green energy companies that do solar, wind or hydro electricity.

I've already communicated with the two Crossfit gyms in town and can't wait to see the boxes.
Yeah I'm with AT&T and it's not the greatest but I like it better than Verizon...Sprint has a buy-out plan right now reducing your bill in half which sounds interesting but I'm guessing there's a catch to it.

I'm not sure about any green energy electrical companies in Fargo but I do know that Cass County Electric Coop is much cheaper than Xcel Energy and they are more reliable...every time there is a power outage in town it always seems like it's Xcel customers, and if both sides go out, you can bet Cass County customers get their power up and running before Xcel customers...

Move here with low expectations, then maybe something will surprise you here and it will cheer you up and it just might make your time here a little more enjoyable...it's like when you go to a movie with low expectations and come out of the theater saying "Not too bad, not bad at all"...

Good luck and keep us posted.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo