U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 07:02 AM

186 posts, read 123,163 times

Advertisements

Hi, we will be in Fargo this coming weekend; I was wondering what you all would suggest for fun ideas for a three year boy to do? Any good restaurants? Anyone ever been to Space Aliens? Saw that one online, ha ha. We've never been to Fargo before; we're coming from the Twin Cities. Thanks for any and all suggestions, I appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 08:40 AM

418 posts, read 1,185,647 times
Children's Museum at Yunker Farm
Red River Fair
Red River Zoo
Wiggle Room at the downtown Fargo Public Library (if you need some air conditioned downtime, but not completely nap time)

Some kids like Space Aliens, some don't--of my two sons, one fell into each category. The aliens walking on stilts attempting to interact with kids while not actually talking with them freaked out my younger son.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 AM

Ok, thank you so much dutchinnd! I appreciate the response!!

Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,085,251 times
I live about 70 miles north of Fargo and we usually visit the zoo.... it is nice and compact enough to fit into an hour or two ... not too big not too small. There is a petting zoo there where you can feed the goats.... also there is a large merry go round inside one of the buildings as you first enter. We usually do that last before we leave. I have twin boys now 6 and a 10 yr old.

They have been to the children's museum as well with others.....I havent been there so dont know if worthwhile. RRV fair is in town....that may be of some interest depending on the 3 yr old.

As for restaurants...we just stick the familiar as at that young age, sometimes they dont want to eat. There are many places to choose from...Space Aliens (which we havent been too) being the most different in terms of atmosphere.

For free ideas...and since it will be hot this upcoming weekend I woulld check out the splash parks at the various parks in Fargo and West Fargo.... not to mention the various playgrounds. Check the West Fargo and Fargo park district web sites for locations closest to where you are staying. Of course if you stay at hotel....they are likely to have swimming/pool/kiddie pool area too.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:37 AM

231 posts, read 771,913 times
There's a new Skyzone here. I haven't been there, but I hear it's fun for all ages.

http://www.skyzone.com/fargo/Activit...dler-Time.aspx

Old 07-09-2015, 02:17 PM

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in, it's much appreciated!!! Yes, it's supposed to be hot in the Twin Cities too....have to find some kind of pool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or