Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2022, 04:30 PM

8,373 posts, read 8,587,411 times

Advertisements

I knew little about Fargo til may be a couple years ago and then not that much until a couple days ago when I looked around for more detail on Fargo.

I didn't realize it had grown that much. Learned more about Microsoft and the Governor. The University is certainly an asset. Food scene looks good for size. Government seems to have been pro-active and successful on economic development.

Climate is something to consider of course. But if you are looking for a good value, Fargo is an option.

If anyone has more comments about recent trends, I'd be interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2022, 11:30 PM

Fargo has:

10 museums and historical sites, a film festival, multiple farmers markets, multiple international food markets, beer and food halls and trucks, several music venues, a new library, a mountain bike park, an arts scene, river kayak rentals, a big health care sector, multiple colleges, multiple disc golf courses, direct flights to 6-9 cities (depending on time of year), Amtrak, plenty of community media and more.

If you are from a bigger metro you might not be that impressed. If from somewhere smaller, maybe you are. If you just didn't know, now you know some.

What else would you highlight?

What quadrant of the city is consider most desirable?

Besides winter what are the drawbacks? How serious are the issues related to heavy drinking?

How does Fargo stack up vs. Sioux Falls SD?

How tight / difficult is downtown and university parking? Does the bus system have a good reputation for timeliness and safety or is either sketchy?

Last edited by NW Crow; 04-15-2022 at 12:59 AM..

Old 04-15-2022, 01:03 AM

What are the biggest reasons people might chose to live in Moorhead over Fargo?

Any advantage Grand Forks has besides being smaller, for those who like that?

I see a report about better rail service to Minneapolis
coming in intermediate future.

Is the level of interaction (business, social) with Canada modest or more than that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo