U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,020 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are moving to Fargo in October!

Looking for recommendations:

Farmers markets?
Best place to pick fresh apples?
Pumpkin patches?
Favorite places to eat?
Best shops? (love crafts, vintage niknaks, thift stores for diy projects)
Places to buy essential oils?

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,698 times
Google

Old 09-25-2016, 09:46 PM

7,032 posts, read 8,191,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieSmithson View Post
Google
Why not answer the question if you have info?

Old 10-03-2016, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 4,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Why not answer the question if you have info?
^Exactly this. The purpose of this forum is to answer these questions!

Old 12-08-2016, 05:17 PM

384 posts, read 215,105 times
The Google suggestion was helpful so I found this: www.downtownfargo.com

I, too, am curious about a move to Fargo (from the Northeast). I haven't been to Fargo or North Dakota, but the site I linked mentioned that Fargo is "North of Normal". LOL. I hope I like Fargo if I ever move there. I shall take a flight sometime in the new year when flights are cheaper. Right now it's about $600 or more since it's the holidays. I think I can handle Fargo (compared to Baltimore) considering crime rates are lower (Fargo murder rates less than 10, Baltimore over 300 per year). I haven't explored the website I linked yet but as with any cities, I think it's all generic (they all have their bars, shops, malls, parking lots, etc.). As for places to go, the site I linked should give you a start but it all depends what you like to eat, drink, or see, etc.

Would watching the movie Fargo help get a feel of the vibe in Fargo or not? From what I understand that movie was actually shot in Minneapolis so I'm not sure if it would give the actual vibe in Fargo whereas The Wire pretty much gave the vibe of what Baltimore's vibe is like (a bit exaggerated though for dramatic effect since it's an HBO series).

If I ever do visit then move to Fargo, I just hope it's a good choice.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:59 PM

264 posts, read 263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
The Google suggestion was helpful so I found this: Work, Play, Food, Shop, Visit, Live | Downtown Fargo - Moorhead

I, too, am curious about a move to Fargo (from the Northeast). I haven't been to Fargo or North Dakota, but the site I linked mentioned that Fargo is "North of Normal". LOL. I hope I like Fargo if I ever move there. I shall take a flight sometime in the new year when flights are cheaper. Right now it's about $600 or more since it's the holidays. I think I can handle Fargo (compared to Baltimore) considering crime rates are lower (Fargo murder rates less than 10, Baltimore over 300 per year). I haven't explored the website I linked yet but as with any cities, I think it's all generic (they all have their bars, shops, malls, parking lots, etc.). As for places to go, the site I linked should give you a start but it all depends what you like to eat, drink, or see, etc.

Would watching the movie Fargo help get a feel of the vibe in Fargo or not? From what I understand that movie was actually shot in Minneapolis so I'm not sure if it would give the actual vibe in Fargo whereas The Wire pretty much gave the vibe of what Baltimore's vibe is like (a bit exaggerated though for dramatic effect since it's an HBO series).

The movie Fargo is nothing like Fargo, or Minnesota for that matter.

Fargo is a small city and a great place to live IF you have people connections. Being small, community is important and being part of the community makes living there a pleasure.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:00 PM

511 posts, read 767,120 times
Quote:
The Google suggestion was helpful so I found this: Work, Play, Food, Shop, Visit, Live | Downtown Fargo - Moorhead

First, Fargo is a mix of Minnisota liberalism and North Dakota conservatism. The dry Norwegian attitude mixes it all up. On top of that the put a self deprecating sense of humor. For example, the wood chipper is in the Fargo Moorhead welcome center, and they will loan you a leg for a picture. They also have a new chipper outside so in the winter you can pretty much recreate the scene.

The book "How Fargo of You" and "Tales from the Fargo Zone" are worth reading.

The 18 months spent there were some of the best of my life.

I will note I had allergies year round and I thought that was odd.

Cheers
Qazulight

Old 12-13-2016, 12:09 PM

689 posts, read 617,818 times
Default "Ya Darn Tootin!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie701 View Post
My boyfriend and I are moving to Fargo in October!

Looking for recommendations:

Farmers markets?
Best place to pick fresh apples?
Pumpkin patches?
Favorite places to eat?
Best shops? (love crafts, vintage niknaks, thift stores for diy projects)
Places to buy essential oils?

Thanks in advance!!
"Ya Darn Tootin!"
wow really!

Old 12-31-2016, 04:19 AM

384 posts, read 215,105 times
Buy essential oils online as it's cheaper. Ananda Apothecary rocks!

Anyway, I'm curious why Fargo's rentals are affordable? Is it because they lack tenants? I see several nice looking ones on apartments.com in the $500 range and under.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 PM

333 posts, read 258,455 times
Quote:
Anyway, I'm curious why Fargo's rentals are affordable? Is it because they lack tenants? I see several nice looking ones on apartments.com in the $500 range and under.
Ummm, it's North Dakota. Do you really need another reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or