Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 9,176 times

Advertisements

Just looking for advice as to where to put up flyer's in the Fargo area where a lot of potential renters may be. We are buying our first home and need to find someone to start a new lease with the rental agent of our current temporary fargo apartment. It's been a great apartment in a popular south Fargo neighborhood near Innovis Health but it's time for a house for us.

I've thought of posting them up at local colleges but other than that I'm out of ideas...

Thank you for any help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,088 times
Why not go to your property manager and tell them what you are wanting.

There may be several options available to you.

For instance, maybe the PM would let you out of the lease for a fee (1 or 2 month's rent maybe). Maybe they would try and fill the unit for you, and when they do they would release you from your lease.

If you have been a good renter, have kept the place neat and clean they may well consider working with you. Try and be pleasant, and courteous about the matter. You may well be very surprised. OR they may laugh in your face, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I happen to own rental property and have been faced with this situation before.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 9,176 times
Hello Corbay,

Thank you for your advice, we did ask but the best they could do is let us re-rent it like this and we wouldn't be charged anything (except cleaning etc...). If we just want out, we pay a $300 fee and pay rent until someone else moves in...but we may end up paying then for 8 more months which is what makes me uneasy... Moderator cut: description removed I'd hope it would rent fast...but no guarantee I guess.

I'm thinking of offering my co-workers a referral bonus or something to get as many people out looking as I can...

Last edited by Jammie; 05-04-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Let's put it in the classifieds.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:30 PM

37 posts, read 156,201 times
put a post on Craigslist under fargo/moorhead.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:47 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Classified Ads Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

You're welcome to post it on this site and there is no charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: