Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:23 AM

252 posts, read 660,900 times

Advertisements

Yeah, a skyline is pretty much a no-go. I honestly have no clue how the bank of the west building keeps staying upright. I knew a girl that went to MSUM while it had a dorm taller than Nelson Hall (forget the name of it. I started the year after it was knocked down). She lived a few floors from the top and said if she laid a can of pop on its side on her desk, it'd roll off the desk. The soil sucks buildings down like quicksand and they rarely fall straight in.

dutchinnd: That was always my doubt about an aquarium. I doubt it could be more than two stories high (three if it didn't have massive aquariums above the second floor). Its just that none of the ones I've been to have been more than 3 stories high.

A conservatory would be wonderful too, as mentioned previously. It gets so grey outside during the winter, and it hits nighttime at 4:30 pm at the worst of it. I've only been to the one in Cincinnati, but it was gorgeous and relaxing and I could have sat in there all day.

I'm gonna be a little selfish now. I'd really like a Gameworks... after West Acres replaced Fargo's only arcade with a kiddie playground, the only place for non-college students to play arcade games are truck stops and bowling alleys. Pizza hut doesn't even have them anymore. Arcade games are fun and when the pirate's den disappeared, I was bummed. My brother and his friends started going to the Bowler, not to bowl, but to play the arcade games. They all had a Gamecube or Playstation at the time (it really was that long ago), but arcades were a place to socialize. It'd be nice to get one back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: