U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:42 AM

35 posts, read 132,045 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My personal experience with private schools sounds almost opposite of what you described... other than they are indeed expensive. Academically, it has been more challenging for my son than public and private schools here are not able to accomodate kids with "special needs" because they don't get any state funding. However, your child(ren) will get a great education in the public schools in Fargo, they are excellent and do not have the issues that public schools have in a lot of other cities in our country. So, don't worry about the schools at all whether you settle in N or S Fargo.
There are newer homes in North Fargo but they are going to be in the 250,000 + range. An idea might be to look in North Moorhead where you can buy more land. I have friends who have bought acreage and built homes there. The property taxes are less expensive in Moorhead too.
My home was built in 1975 which is when most of the homes in my neighborhood were built and is on a double lot which is great because I love trees and love to garden so I have space to do that. The newer homes in South Fargo are going to be on smaller lots but you could still designate a space for your garden....you won't have as much grass to mow that way!
How much are you able to spend on your home? I am always looking around the neighborhood for houses so I'll send info your way if it sounds appropriate.

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 5,581 times
thanks everyone. i didnt know the bank had a CS center there. thats good to know.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olena View Post
Thank you all!
Joestoes,
What preferences has a private school?
From my experience in Germany, the small private schools are more suitable for children, who need more attention from their teachers. They have smaller classes but the education isn’t as good as in an public high school. Additionally, they are mostly expensive. Our daughter goes to a public school here and we are completely satisfied.
Is it reasonable to give a child to a private school? Is there a big difference between the private and the public schools in Fargo?

And one more question:
As I understood, the homes in North are mostly old. And what about lots? I would like to buy a house with big lot, if possible. That’s an old dream (little bit crazy) – to have a big garden. Is it possible to find something appropriate but not too expensive in North Fargo?
Thank you!
I believe they still have an area in North Fargo that is set up for people without thier own space to have a garden! That can be a tempary fix for you.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 8,835 times
Thanks everyone.
Especially thanks for Joestoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joestoes View Post
How much are you able to spend on your home?
We wouldn’t like to overshoot 180,000, may be 200,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joestoes View Post
I am always looking around the neighborhood for houses so I'll send info your way if it sounds appropriate.
It is very kind of you.
I am also looking for houses occasionally but not intensive because I have to solve a lot here before moving.
Thank you vary much!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 AM

253 posts, read 1,482,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind9 View Post
North Fargo has older homes, further north you the newer the homes get, south side has the most new homes. Depends on what kind of home you can afford later. I would feel good living in either the north and south. I would just avoid the center of town.
And why is that? If the center of town is what I think it is, I love living here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or