U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,707,631 times

Advertisements

Block heaters typically draw about the same as a lightbulb, so they shouldn't make much of a difference considering that you don't really need them at all unless it's a fair ways below 0.

As far as which ones are necessary, the coolant ones are the most common. Frankly, though, I haven't used one for at least 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 09:15 AM

13 posts, read 43,383 times
I just moved here in October. Don't know much about the college situation NDSU and UND are pretty well respected. Moorhead State is kind of a nobody of schools so if you are looking for a degree to take elsewhere I'd stick to NDSU or UND.

My family moved here from Detroit, I would not move to a smaller town then Fargo. It take's a little getting used to the size. Or lack there of. There is pretty much everything you need here though, and so far I'm liking it. There are lots of people living cheap in the city I would think you would be able to find something in your price range.

Fargo is pretty conservative and the culture is pretty narrow. While I think you'll have no issues being black / white / etc, just keep in mind about 98% are white, so you'll immediately stand out. That being said crime is practially non existant so I would be shocked if someone was singled out because they were black; or Hispanic, or whatever the case may be.

Feel free to PM me if you are looking for further info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or