U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM

24 posts, read 80,390 times

Advertisements

1. brunch buffet
2. fried chicken
3. ice cream
4. frozen yogurt
5. chocolate cake and/or cupcakes
6. chinese food
7. pizza
8. ribs
9. donuts
10. pancakes/waffles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 AM

252 posts, read 581,068 times
1) that's a fine question. I know most of the eateries in fargo and the only places that do brunches that I know of only do it on sunday (and its not that great of brunch. french toast sticks and powdered scrambled eggs all the way)

2) KFC is the standby for fried chicken. I'm thinking really hard on this, but I don't know anyplace else here that peeps go FOR fried chicken.

3) Dairy Queen, of course. Although, Ice Cream + on university sells black licorice ice cream that I have a weakness for. We have Cold Stone Creamery here too, but I can't justify the price or the caloric intake of their "creations."

4) I actually had to google and see if Fargo even had a TCBY anymore. There's one left apparently in south fargo. That's your best bet. Otherwise its Dairy Queen or Cold Stone Creamery again.

5) another google. Nichole's Fine Pastries sells cakes (and I've heard wonderful things) but their website shows that cakes average at $20 for 6 servings and they add $1.25 a plate if you choose to eat your cake there. Other than groceries, I really can't think of anyplace else that is known for their cake.

6) personal opinion. For takeout or delivery I do Nine Dragons (their ambiance is awful so its not worth eating in). There's a tiny place in west fargo called Peking and they don't take credit cards, but their tofu dishes are the most authentic I've found in town. Lots of people prefer the King House Buffet, but I think its just ok.

7) I expect people to root for Duane's House of Pizza. I think their pizza is kinda gross and choose Godfathers.

8) Famous Daves all the way. There was a local place that used to be better, but they shut down

9) Sandy's Donuts in West Fargo is your only choice on this one.

10) Forget the normal places. I advise you go to the Cajun Cafe off university and get yourself a boudin-stuffed sweet potato pancake. OMG its huge and amazing. I hear their breakfasts are amazing in general, but no matter what I want to try I always end up getting that plate sized sausage stuffed blisscake and cover it in cane syrup. Their entrees are great too, but kinda pricey compared to their breakfast fare. now I need to go there... its been too long...

back on topic, i can't think of a place that does decent waffles though. I guess I'd pick frying pan because it beats perkins, the truck stops, or krolls. I just make mine at home because I have a vintage waffle iron that makes epic waffles.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 AM

89 posts, read 248,215 times
I know im just a commercial trucker but,i prefer the petro truck stop as they semingly have the best food in the area.Very nice crew there as well.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM

24 posts, read 80,390 times
Thank you for all these info. Every little suggestion is appreciated

Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 AM

252 posts, read 581,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod crowley View Post
I know im just a commercial trucker but,i prefer the petro truck stop as they semingly have the best food in the area.Very nice crew there as well.
Petro's Iron Skillet actually does make pretty good food overall. I love their soup and salad bar (ever since they killed the overnight s/s bar I've been pretty bummed. no more late night soup for me). I'm not into the hot buffet stuff they serve, but their entrees and breakfasts are pretty good and its reasonably priced. Everyone I know goes there for the buffet or for the late night breakfasts buffets they did on weekends (after killing the overnight salad bar, I don't know if those still go on). Petro is a good 24 hour place to eat if you want to chat up with friends in a casual setting, but other than the soups (which I'll repeat are usually amazing) I really don't go there for a certain food.

So, if you want to add "24 hour place" to your list, I'd pick Iron Skillet or Frying Pan (Frying pan has the best hashbrowns in town imo. I go there just for the hashbrowns). Iron skillet has better entrees, Frying Pan has better breakfasts. Both have great staff. Unless you're near main ave, Iron Skillet is the easier to get to.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM

246 posts, read 904,363 times
5. Granite City Chocolate Cake
7. Xtreme Pizza Kitchen of Santa Lucia Pizza (I also like Duanes mainly for the cheese)
8. Famous Daves. I need to try Spitfires again though, last time there were good, just been awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or