Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times

Advertisements

I want to thank the OP for this thread - my husband has been saying lately that he wants to shave his head. Reading this thread has been informative...

I'm a woman but I shaved my head once. It felt wonderful and I'm so glad I did it while I was young and impulsive. Now I have to think about everything before I do it which usually ends up with me talking myself out of things... anyway... I remember it feeling so cool and comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:30 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
I did it!!!

My hair guy, a lady in the Salon and my wife says it looks great. I agree!

Shoulda done it five years ago!

Thanks all for the positive and helpful posts.

Sorry, but no pics. I like to be careful on the interwebs. Just how I am.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Congratulations! I buzzed off my DH's hairi two weeks ago and I love it. He still isn't used to it, but it'll grow on him.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:53 PM

33 posts, read 33,913 times
Damn, I could NEVER do this! Kudos for being so brave.. Ya, I know that it grows back but still... damn!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:06 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Yep.

My hair has got thinner over the years and I've decided to shave it off. Even the wife thinks I should. Step one; see my hair guy for the last time.

What next? Any tips?

Electric or blade razor?

Skin Care?

My boyfriend was losing his hair
he finally decided to shave it off
and let me tell you he looks sexy as hell
he has a goatee, I think bald men with goatees are so sexy
he uses face moisturizer with sunscreen on his face and rubs it on his head to protect from sunburn.
He uses a razor, never a dull one

Old 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
Damn, I could NEVER do this! Kudos for being so brave.. Ya, I know that it grows back but still... damn!
Hey, no guts, no glory.

Today was the first day back at work. It's been a fun morning. All but two people said I did the right thing. Most said I look 10 years younger and some said I resemble Howie Mandell. One guy said he is thinking about doing the same thing and a woman said her husband is shaving his head tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
he uses face moisturizer with sunscreen on his face and rubs it on his head to protect from sunburn.
I also have a goatee.....

...but anyway.....

I seem to get good results from an electric razor-one plus of having thin hair. Anyway, I plan to keep this look. The last four days I've been slowly building a tan on my now-hair-free dome to have the skin tone match with my face. Then it will be hats and sunscreen.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Hey, no guts, no glory.

Today was the first day back at work. It's been a fun morning. All but two people said I did the right thing. Most said I look 10 years younger and some said I resemble Howie Mandell. One guy said he is thinking about doing the same thing and a woman said her husband is shaving his head tomorrow.

I also have a goatee.....

...but anyway.....

I seem to get good results from an electric razor-one plus of having thin hair. Anyway, I plan to keep this look. The last four days I've been slowly building a tan on my now-hair-free dome to have the skin tone match with my face. Then it will be hats and sunscreen.

OH MY I think Im inlove...nice job

Old 07-01-2010, 04:46 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,106,218 times
No hereditary hair-loss here, but I've kept my dome shaved since '02 to save time.
Wake up, wash face, and out the door, no standing in the mirror for 30min and deciding whether this way or that.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
No hereditary hair-loss here, but I've kept my dome shaved since '02 to save time.
Wake up, wash face, and out the door, no standing in the mirror for 30min and deciding whether this way or that.
Did you mean buzzed? Shaving would require much more time for maintenance than a buzz cut at the hair cut store.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:06 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
That almost reads like a haiku; how about this...

I shaved my thinning hair
to get a wig like Bo Duke
now I need contacts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty