Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times

Advertisements

I don't know why Malls allow this but most people resent this kind of aggressive soliciting. I think I would actually shop there more if it wasn't for them.

Don't mind the accupressure massage therapists, though. I was in a shopping mall in California and stopped to get a much-need firm massage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
"No hablo ingles"

Old 07-02-2010, 04:09 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,769 times
"Hey, lady...who straightens your hair?" Me= God...keeps walking..

Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
I told one lady that I didn't have enough money to buy her product. Then she kept asking me for other payment options: credit card, going to the bank to withdraw the money and then coming back. She was aggressive.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:07 PM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its seems that every time I go to any of the 3 local malls that my wife and I are accosted by these vendors selling skin care products. They are aggressive. They step in front of us and block our path and all but force my wife to endure their sales pitch. My wife is asian and very beautiful. Its actually insulting in a way that these people are so in your face.
We had one in our mall that sells products supposedly made with salt from the Dead Sea. What pissed me off was that the guy started his pitch with "explaining" what and where the Dead Sea is. Talking to me as if I'm completely stupid isn't a great way to start off a sales pitch, bucko. How many people are there who don't know what the Dead Sea is? C'mon.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I just walk away. I honestly don't know why there are vendors at malls.

They are quite inconvenient sometimes, and other than cell phone products in general I hardly ever see people buying anything from them.
You don't? Allow me to explain. They pay money for the space, and the mall owner/management company therefore gets more revenue.

The ones I hate the most are those fake "modeling agencies" that try to lure in people with teenage daughters. They have nothing to do with modeling and everything to do with selling you overpriced photo sessions.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:09 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The ones I hate the most are those fake "modeling agencies" that try to lure in people with teenage daughters. They have nothing to do with modeling and everything to do with selling you overpriced photo sessions.
Haha! Those are the worst and I laugh every time I see a family or two suckered in by them. Hopefully those folks will figure it out in time and run away!

As for myself, I actually had my hand grabbed out of the crowd by an aggressive sales woman from a Kiosk trying to sell some lotions. When I realized what was going on, I had to quickly grab my hand back and run off before she plopped some of her goop on it!

Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,046,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I hate those guys in my mall. They're always creepo Italian model wannabes that stare at your chest or watch your ass as you walk by. No thanks.
I met one of those types before. He succeeded in getting me to by bath salt; although to this day, I've only used it once or twice.

I have a friend who's a vendor and can understand their frustration/desperation. In sale positions, you have to sell to make a profit.

In general however, if I'm not looking to buy from them, I either don't make eye contact and continue walking, or avoid the areas where the vendors are altogether.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I just walk away. I honestly don't know why there are vendors at malls.

They are quite inconvenient sometimes, and other than cell phone products in general I hardly ever see people buying anything from them.
Where should they be?? The mall is an indoor bazaar. They have a right to rent space as any other storefront.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I met one of those types before. He succeeded in getting me to by bath salt; although to this day, I've only used it once or twice.

I have a friend who's a vendor and can understand their frustration/desperation. In sale positions, you have to sell to make a profit.

In general however, if I'm not looking to buy from them, I either don't make eye contact and continue walking, or avoid the areas where the vendors are altogether.
They're everywhere in my mall. No matter which entrance you choose, you'll run into one of them. They also like to hang out around my favourite stores in the mall. I've managed to offend most of them, so I rarely worry about them harassing me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty