U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 PM

12 posts, read 7,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Women in strapless gowns or other formal attire with tatoos sticking out of the breast/back/upper arms. Ladies, nothing goes with tatoos...nothing.
I agree!! Nothing goes worse with a girl in a pretty low cut dress than a tat on her boob....or a tat on her ankle..or a tat on her back. Roses, cartoon characters are the worst!! I once attended a wedding and the maid of honor's back looked like a chalkboard full of cartoon characters and to me..it looked damned tacky!!

I've got a friend that has a few tattoos..but they're very classy. She's got one on her back of shooting stars that looks really classy in a backless dress. She also has one that goes around her ankle with her children's name in gold (it looks like an ankle bracelet) and just recently got a few tattoes of very tiny little stars on her foot that look very classy!!

I think the worst tattoo I've ever seen was at the Dollar Store the other day. The chick had a low cut blouse on and on her chest were two black handprints...looked tacky as hell!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 AM

3,977 posts, read 2,298,499 times
"Street sweeper pants", as my mother used to call them. I chew my daughter out when she wears jeans that are too long for the shoes she is wearing. If they are too long, pair them with heels or shorten them! Its a waste for a pair of otherwise great looking jeans to get ragged hems.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 AM

271 posts, read 452,575 times
gladiator sandals
girls who wear side ponytails

Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM

3,458 posts, read 3,664,390 times
Personally I think if a supermodel did any of those things it would still look fab...

What I don't like (and sometimes do) is wearing chunky high wedges with inappropriate pant lengths so the pant legs bunches up.

Also when short people wear super high heels and it makes their legs look even shorter due to proportionality issues.

Boob/chest tats look awesome when they are symmetric, and done right.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:44 AM

23,443 posts, read 17,773,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannasmomma View Post
gladiator sandals
Good Lord, I wish those things would go away!!!!!!!!
And peep toe boots, too!

Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM

2,551 posts, read 1,587,082 times
My fashion/beauty pet peeves:

1. pants/jeans that are way too baggy and people that wear them down below their hips.

2. Women with the same old 1980's hairstyles (old perms and greasy looking).

3. Men and women that need a haircut bad (they look like they haven't got a trim or cut in years! UGGGHH!).

4. People with bleach blonde hair who never get their roots done (look like they haven't bleached it in a year or more. Damn, if you're going to be a fake blonde, be one. Don't try to go back if you aren't ready for it yet).

5. Tan that really looks too dark and orange (it's really not that sexy to be that damn dark! EWW!)

Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,260,639 times
Beauty pet peeves:
1) Skunk hair (Blonde on top with black on the bottom or vice versa)
2) 1"+ roots that do not blend into the rest of the hair
3) Rouge/blush that is not a natural color
4) Visible lip liner
5) French manicures with non-white tips

Fashion pet peeves:
1) Kitten heel boots
2) Jumpsuits
3) Shoulder pads
4) Non-skinny pants that hit at the ankle; they don't even look long enough with flip-flops!
5) '80s anything: leggings, oversized shirts off one shoulder, flourescent blocky patterns, small handbags with long straps to cross the chest
6) Yoga pants worn with anything else that would not be worn while exercising
7) T-shirts with chest pockets
8) Guys wearing one fitted cap with a larger cap sitting on top and to the side + fitted caps with the stickers left on
9) Oversized unlaced shoes (The guys that do this always walk out of their shoes!)
10) Flip-flops and shorts in the winter...while it's snowing out

Old 10-05-2010, 04:28 PM

724 posts, read 749,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
pants/jeans that are way too baggy and people that wear them down below their hips.
And them some people actually wear them with a belt. What's the point.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:52 PM

724 posts, read 749,856 times
Dark lip liner with no lipstick.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,318,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
1. old women wearing skimpy sundresses/miniskirts or other age inappropriate clothes
it is so crazy.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty