Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,666 times

Advertisements

I cant believe how uptight Americans are about public nudity. Where I come from in Europe its so common most people find it to be no big deal. By the way, the U.S. is the worlds leader in pedophelia and sex crimes. Europe, comparetively, ranks very low in these kind of crimes. Hmmm, go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 10:31 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,097,106 times
I would suggest not laying out in the sun at all. UV is deleterious to your skin's health. Same thing goes for people who use tanning booths.

Personally, I prefer the natural look of skin that hasn't been out in the sun.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I would suggest not laying out in the sun at all. UV is deleterious to your skin's health. Same thing goes for people who use tanning booths.

Then go ahead and move to Seattle.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,417,662 times
Quote:

Everything in moderation. OVERexposure, OVERtanning is not healthy, but we all need exposure to sunlight as a natural source of Vitamin D and other benefits. Every person needs sunlight exposure to create vitamin D, obesity impairs vitamin D absorption by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
http://www.docguide.com/news/content...256B91005B7E27

Pasty pale is as unhealthy as over tanning.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Im one of those 54% - I think nude sunbathing is very relaxing and NO tan lines! Yay! LOL - when I had my (above ground) pool and had it all fenced in with privacy fence, I'll admit it - I used to sunbath nude - do I have the perfect body for it? Nope but I feel pretty darned comfortable in my own skin to do so! It's sexy too, lets admit it LOL
It is very sexy! I'll sometimes get aroused while laying out nude but I try to be very respectful of others who may be close by and will roll over when nessecary. LOL

Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Everything in moderation. OVERexposure, OVERtanning is not healthy, but we all need exposure to sunlight as a natural source of Vitamin D and other benefits. Every person needs sunlight exposure to create vitamin D, obesity impairs vitamin D absorption by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
News - Exposure To Sunlight Lowers Risks Of Four Cancers

Pasty pale is as unhealthy as over tanning.
Sure, I'm a huge believer in vitamin D and moderation. I'm also a big reader of science studies, so I know where you are coming from.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,234,585 times
I think designated areas are just fine for those who choose to bare their leathery buffs.

A popular river-beach in Portland has a clothing-optional section and I'll admit that I went there once. Once was enough. People who like to declare that nudists don't "notice" other naked people is full of horse poo-poo.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:42 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,234,585 times
Quote:

But, y'know, all the sunblock and avoidance has been backfiring into other problems like multiple-sclerosis and osteoporosis due to insufficient vitamin D. The pill form just isn't as effective. Of course, there are people whose skin just can't handle the rays. But, aside from prefering a sun glow to my skin, I FEEL so much better all-around after being outside.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 AM

If you take 1000 IU/day, of vitamin D3, that should be plenty. If you take only 400 IU/day, that may not be enough. Sure, you can get Vitamin D from sunlight, but many do not, especially at certain latitudes, and especially during the Fall and Winter months. Certain oily fishes and a few other such foods can supply the difference.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 AM

11,008 posts, read 17,383,046 times
Several are saying they would go but don't have the body for it. The problem with that is this isn't going for a beauty contest. I'm hairy and I "sho aint skinny"! But if I could go to one, I might go. I know I'd have to go alone because my wife wouldn't. I wouldn't be going to please the people who would see me. I'd be going to please me. If they don't like what they see, look the other direction!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty