U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

Last night, my wife and I went outside for dinner! ! Originally we are so happy with the dinner, but my new polo shirt "died"!! The waiter pour the wine on my white polo shirt carelessly!! God, damn it!!

Very sad! ! My expensive locaste polo shirt, hey! !

Once I arrived at Home, I brought the shirt to wash. But there is no effect. The wine color can not be faded. What a pity of my shirt!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,208,798 times
Dip the entire shirt in the same color wine. I'm assuming red. Dry it. Now, you have a new colored polo.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 AM

13,463 posts, read 14,448,359 times
Did you bring it up with the manager/owner of the restaurant?

They should make things right.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 AM

11,029 posts, read 6,212,441 times
Soak the entire shirt in hydrogen peroxide for a few hours. Unless you set the wine stains in your shirt with the dryer, it works every time!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,914,691 times
2 suggestions~
If the shirt is white, you can pour chlorine bleach directly on the stain and it will likely take it out.
or
this works a lot of times with dark fruit stains and wine would fall in that category, I think...
boil water and pour the boiling water directly over the shirt in the sink. Not just HOT water, must be boiling. This has worked for me with some pretty severe stains.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM

9,447 posts, read 7,595,884 times
They only cost around $50 new. No big deal.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,961,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni_Richardson View Post
Last night, my wife and I went outside for dinner! ! Originally we are so happy with the dinner, but my new polo shirt "died"!! The waiter pour the wine on my white polo shirt carelessly!! God, damn it!!

Very sad! ! My expensive locaste polo shirt, hey! !

Once I arrived at Home, I brought the shirt to wash. But there is no effect. The wine color can not be faded. What a pity of my shirt!!

Kudos to you for giving us something real to pray for for once. Im so sick of the same ole lame crap like world peace, hunger, the economy, war....Enough of that already. That is so last year. I hope to god your shirt survives. I knew life was cruel, but this is a whole new low. I almost gave up my faith, from the thought of all of those murdered people from the Holocaust at the hands of one insane person. But that waiter of yours should pay, cross that off will pay. Just give me the description and address of this smidgen and I will personally hand out a vigillante vendetta.

On a serious note though, that does suck. Twice in two days my klutzy as s dropped katchup on two of my favorite shirts along with some nice jeans in a restaurant. I was pissed. Not only did I look foolish, but I knew someone there the second time it happened and when I came out of the bathroom all soaking wet in some areas. That person just died laughing. Glad my misfortune was so ammusing. I eat out too much, so next time Im wearing a bib. The truth is I'm not even clumbsy, I wrestled for years and played basketball for recreation. Yet whenever I eat out and wear some shirt that I really like or some pair of jeans that I really like, I somehow manage an accident. Never happens at home when Im wearing scrubs...Hmm, makes me wonder.

If it's anything that I think will stain even after washing, I immediately soak it in cold water. Keep it wet til you can get it home and wash it. The key is not to let it dry.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 07-26-2010 at 07:02 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 06:11 PM

1,964 posts, read 4,428,209 times
ahh too bad. It's happened to me several times when i'm barhopping, especially now that lots of restaurants have those silly stemless glasses/tumblers that seem to encourage dribbling. I keep a small bottle of Wine B Gone in my car just for emergencies. Also red wine is easy to get out if you immediately pour WHITE wine on the stain and then soak the shirt in a basin of cold water & sudsy soap in the bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty