Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:35 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
flip-flops on a cooking show? I'm surprised the authorities have not come to visit him.
Here in Florida, thats a critical safety violation. Who would wanna eat anything out of that kitchen? Ewwwwwww.....
He hosts the show from his home and just shows people how to throw meals together. He also has his dogs parading through picking up any morsels that may hit the ground. He isn't serving the food to anyone but himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
He hosts the show from his home and just shows people how to throw meals together. He also has his dogs parading through picking up any morsels that may hit the ground. He isn't serving the food to anyone but himself.
different story then!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Theres nothing worse than a man in his 40s trying to look like he is in his 20s.
I agree....and yet I have no problem with a man in his 40s wanting to "update" his wardrobe. I'd give the same advice to a woman in her 40s: you don't want to look like you are copying your 20 year old daughter, but you also don't need to dress like your grandmother.

I've been helping my 40-something year old (engineer...eeek! ) SO update his wardrobe.

What we did: purge the closet of all pleated, cuffed Dockers. Seriously.

Replaced those with flat-front khakis. Make sure the "break" is in the right place, over the top of the shoe.

All jeans are now a dark wash, and again, a slightly longer length.

Button-down dress shirts got a bit looser. Look for high quality fabrics like nubby linen or super-smooth pinpoint. I think a man with a great smile and a nice tan looks fabulous in a dress shirt with a button or two undone and the sleeves rolled up!

Polos, on the other hand, got a bit tighter (he has a trim, athletic build--- don't do this if you have a belly!). I chose punchy colors like kiwi and melon and espresso.

For casual wear, I like the "rugged outdoorsy" look on men, young and old. Stuff from Patagonia works for me. It says "fun" without being goofy.

I still think shoes are the hardest part for guys. Any one else agree?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:46 PM

^ shoes are the hardest, for sure!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 AM

63 posts, read 217,012 times
I forgot to mention I am a short ass bulky thug looking asian sort of guy with a bit of pot belly. It only takes me 2 weeks of solid running to lose all that gobbly bits. I lose weight fast.

But there is this short guy that i cant get rid off standing infront of my mirror.

I would like to appear a bit taller and thinner as well as 10 years younger

Does anyone have a some photos to show me as well?

I love white girls but I am only able to attract the bad girl type that's after money and abit of fun. I don't have money so these sort of women are out of my league right now.

So what would young women in their mid 20's and 30s would like in a 40 year old ish guy?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
Find pants that fit you, bro. A well-fitting pair of pants will definitely help give you the illusion of height.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Frizzy perm, unbuttoned shiny shirt, lots of gold chains, white shoes, huge initial ring, pierced earring on one ear.

In other words, if you want to attract women then funky is probably not the way to go.

Dress comfortably and come across as very neat (tidy).

Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 AM

63 posts, read 217,012 times
Everyone here has given me really good tips but what sort of fashion? Should i wear loud colors to say "Hey I am here look at me"?

I like all your tips by the way.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Asian View Post
Everyone here has given me really good tips but what sort of fashion? Should i wear loud colors to say "Hey I am here look at me"?

I like all your tips by the way.
Honey, if you want to attract something classier than "bad girls", then you have to dress the part.
I would suggest a visit to an upper end mens clothing store and just observe whats for sale there. You can translate that look at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, and so forth.
Loud colors just scream thug, classy guys dont wear screaming loud colors.
Buy some mens mags, like GQ, see what the clothing ads are featuring.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Asian View Post
NO.

Fashion really depends on your personality, lifestyle, etc. Wear things that fit you and are in style. Loud "look at me" colours are dated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty