U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858

Advertisements

You are either sexy or you're not, I don't think wrinkles have anything to do with it. I think we are far too obsessed with youth nowadays and though I agree that it is good to look after yourself, I find it so depressing that we judge people by their appearance or their age. In Europe older women are still considered highly desirable and maybe because they are made to feel sexy they actually are. I have seen plenty of very beautiful women in their 60s, 70s and even 80s. I hate all the plastic women who grace fashion magazines nowadays , they all look so bland and undistinguishable from each other. Beauty is not something which can be quantified by measurements or age and yet that is exactly what is happening now. Very sad and silly IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Greetings to you all.
I am an older man, not ancient. I have wrinkles myself.
For many years I have wondered why so many women go into a panic when they see wrinkles in their faces. Personally, I find such women very attractive. In my view, wrinkles add personality, enhance a pretty face, and are a sign of maturity.
Why do they spend billions of dollars for various creams and treatments which probably don't work anyway.
I'd like to hear from women, of all ages, what they think of wrinkles on a woman. Does it lower the confidence? Are wrinkles considered as flaws? Are wrinkles preventing women from finding a mate?
As for the younger women, are you terrified to reach 35?
Also, please mention approximately how much money you spend every month to fight wrinkles.
Please, try to keep this from becoming a woman to woman advice forum about the best ways to fight wrinkles.
Maybe there are other men who also think wrinkles are attractive and sexy.


I think the mind and how people react to situations, how they think, what they believe, are sexy and not the physical outer beauty.

I believe there are many reasons why woman cannot except age with grace and maturity....one is advertising, two, aging is not considered by society as beautiful maturity and wisdom....three, it cannot be contolled and some people are thrown into a tissy if they cannot control a situation....four is pride/narcissum...five...cannot accept even the slightest possiblity of aging is attractive....six, immaturity....and probably many more.

It's all about prefrence and what society dictates as acceptable plus advertising...when did you ever see an 80 year old model?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
 
25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Reputation: 15310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
You are either sexy or you're not, I don't think wrinkles have anything to do with it. I think we are far too obsessed with youth nowadays and though I agree that it is good to look after yourself, I find it so depressing that we judge people by their appearance or their age. In Europe older women are still considered highly desirable and maybe because they are made to feel sexy they actually are. I have seen plenty of very beautiful women in their 60s, 70s and even 80s. I hate all the plastic women who grace fashion magazines nowadays , they all look so bland and undistinguishable from each other. Beauty is not something which can be quantified by measurements or age and yet that is exactly what is happening now. Very sad and silly IMHO.

Indeedy I totally agree with you and tried to add to your reputation but something happened and it cut me off while I was typing
"I totally agree"
Just wanted to let you know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
 
22 posts, read 80,735 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
You are either sexy or you're not, I don't think wrinkles have anything to do with it. I think we are far too obsessed with youth nowadays and though I agree that it is good to look after yourself, I find it so depressing that we judge people by their appearance or their age. In Europe older women are still considered highly desirable and maybe because they are made to feel sexy they actually are. I have seen plenty of very beautiful women in their 60s, 70s and even 80s. I hate all the plastic women who grace fashion magazines nowadays , they all look so bland and undistinguishable from each other. Beauty is not something which can be quantified by measurements or age and yet that is exactly what is happening now. Very sad and silly IMHO.
My elegant grandmother loved a little attention from the men in her life. Up until she died at age 97 we loved watching her flirt a little in a very demure, dignified, alluring manner. It was all very understated, but we all noticed the change in posture, her eyes--sometimes a twinkle, somtimes seductive. She was entrancing from age zero to hundred whenever she chose to be. That looked like a happy way to go for me and I never plan to have surgeries or spend a fortune to fight what's coming anyway.
I told my husband when we married that he'd better love me for my insides because on both sides of my family the wrinkles will come! I grew up in Florida on a lake, then the beach, playing tennis, lifeguarding....wouldn't trade a day of it. Most of my wrinkles are laughlines right now, I'm only almost 50. The rest are coming and I plan to earn those too!

My sister-in-law has already spent a small fortune at age 48. She knows I'd rather take a trip on my vacation than go through the pain, bandages, bruises for something she can't ward off forever anyway, bless her heart.

Most people think I'm younger than I am but honestly, I never thought I'd look like I'm in my 20s when I'm in my 40s!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
Reputation: 17675
To keeper, me, cil, birdgal, Jamie and all the other beautiful women who are not ashamed of our wrinkles. Beauty is within us We are confident, enjoy life,and think that age is just numbers. P.S. I am so glad that there are other gals my age here, I really thought that myself and a couple of others that I know were the only ones on cd, I even thought about doing a poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Indeedy I totally agree with you and tried to add to your reputation but something happened and it cut me off while I was typing
"I totally agree"
Just wanted to let you know....
Thank you very much !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Oxford, England
13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
Reputation: 19858
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughalot View Post
My elegant grandmother loved a little attention from the men in her life. Up until she died at age 97 we loved watching her flirt a little in a very demure, dignified, alluring manner. It was all very understated, but we all noticed the change in posture, her eyes--sometimes a twinkle, somtimes seductive. She was entrancing from age zero to hundred whenever she chose to be. That looked like a happy way to go for me and I never plan to have surgeries or spend a fortune to fight what's coming anyway.
I told my husband when we married that he'd better love me for my insides because on both sides of my family the wrinkles will come! I grew up in Florida on a lake, then the beach, playing tennis, lifeguarding....wouldn't trade a day of it. Most of my wrinkles are laughlines right now, I'm only almost 50. The rest are coming and I plan to earn those too!

My sister-in-law has already spent a small fortune at age 48. She knows I'd rather take a trip on my vacation than go through the pain, bandages, bruises for something she can't ward off forever anyway, bless her heart.

Most people think I'm younger than I am but honestly, I never thought I'd look like I'm in my 20s when I'm in my 40s!


I think we had the same Grand - Ma ! My Grandmother who just passed away ( only 2 weeks ago) was a flirtatious lady until her dying day and the little smiles and mischievous cuteness seem to make her very popular with elderly gentlemen ( in a perfectly respectable sort of way, may I add ! ! She always had that charm and appeal which comes naturally to some and I was teasing her about her most recent conquest ,Gordon the handsome Scot the last time I spoke to her ( She died only 2 weeks ago) and this is one of the many memories I most cherish about her ! She was 88 and had a twinkle in her eye and the softest skin imaginable too ! No fancy plastic surgery or face lift but lashes of good old "cold cream" .

Plastic surgery just scares the hell out of me ! Why let a surgeon near your face or body when you don't need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
 
22 posts, read 80,735 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I think we had the same Grand - Ma ! My Grandmother who just passed away ( only 2 weeks ago) was a flirtatious lady until her dying day and the little smiles and mischievous cuteness seem to make her very popular with elderly gentlemen ( in a perfectly respectable sort of way, may I add ! ! She always had that charm and appeal which comes naturally to some and I was teasing her about her most recent conquest ,Gordon the handsome Scot the last time I spoke to her ( She died only 2 weeks ago) and this is one of the many memories I most cherish about her ! She was 88 and had a twinkle in her eye and the softest skin imaginable too ! No fancy plastic surgery or face lift but lashes of good old "cold cream" .

Plastic surgery just scares the hell out of me ! Why let a surgeon near your face or body when you don't need to.
Sounds like they could be sisters! I think natural beauty, intellect and kindness was valued more in that generation. Going through the wars and the depression in this country contributed to people understanding more thoroughly that it isn't what you look like that counts, it's who you are. It's the relationships that really mean something! They also knew how to be good parlour company without the TVs, video games, etc. I'm sorry your Grand-Ma is no longer here for you to enjoy but I'm glad you have the wonderful memories you have. We love to tell "Mama" stories when we all get together!
Of course we're all going to age and that can be done gracefully, it's a blessing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2007, 01:22 PM
 
7,960 posts, read 17,600,009 times
Reputation: 2572
Count me as another guy who appreciates an older woman who ages gracefully. Call me crazy but I find the appearance of wrinkles to be part of a mature lady's charm. That said, I can respect those who choose to keep up their appearance with exercise, moisturizers, etc. These days I'm often surprised when I find out a woman is actually as many as ten years older than I had assumed her to be. However, non-essential cosmetic surgery doesn't appeal to me, especially regarding one's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 PM
 
1 posts, read 6,750 times
Reputation: 10
Default :)

Yeah, I think wrinkles are sexy but you don't need to let them get out of control because that not turning out very good, can anyone tell me a good 100% natural cream for wrinkles that I can trust?


Hope to see hear your answer sonn

Best regards
April
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top