U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,266,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just saw it listed on one website for 130 buck for 1 ounce.

Wow. All the celebs use it but they can afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 06:00 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,582,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
Hahahaha! Does creme de la Mer really work? I can't get over the price of that stuff. I think it's almost as expensive as botox
It does work well for improving the texture of your skin, but like most creams (prescription grade aside) I don't think it actually does much for wrinkles.

If you have oily skin, I'd pass on it. I only use it when my skin is really dry. It is expensive, but I've had the same jar for 3 years. I think it was around $200, but I just had to see what the all hype was about so I bought a jar. A little goes a long way.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
It does work well for improving the texture of your skin, but like most creams (prescription grade aside) I don't think it actually does much for wrinkles.

If you have oily skin, I'd pass on it. I only use it when my skin is really dry. It is expensive, but I've had the same jar for 3 years. I think it was around $200, but I just had to see what the all hype was about so I bought a jar. A little goes a long way.
I used the creme for years and I now use and prefer the gel. I wish my jars would last me a year though, let alone 3. LOL But like you said, it doesn't do anything to diminish or prevent wrinkles. The stuff is just good prep for makeup.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I used the creme for years and I now use and prefer the gel. I wish my jars would last me a year though, let alone 3. LOL But like you said, it doesn't do anything to diminish or prevent wrinkles. The stuff is just good prep for makeup.
Yeah I don't use it often cuz sometimes it makes my skin greasy. Their exfoliator is my favorite product.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,111,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But like you said, it doesn't do anything to diminish or prevent wrinkles.
Yeah, if Creme de la Mer were a miracle, there would be no surgeries.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Like this? Is this sexy???

Google Image Result for http://images.veer.com/IMG/PIMG/MPP/1649381_P.jpg

Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 AM

8,957 posts, read 17,000,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Greetings to you all.
I am an older man, not ancient. I have wrinkles myself.
For many years I have wondered why so many women go into a panic when they see wrinkles in their faces. Personally, I find such women very attractive. In my view, wrinkles add personality, enhance a pretty face, and are a sign of maturity.
Why do they spend billions of dollars for various creams and treatments which probably don't work anyway.
I'd like to hear from women, of all ages, what they think of wrinkles on a woman. Does it lower the confidence? Are wrinkles considered as flaws? Are wrinkles preventing women from finding a mate?
As for the younger women, are you terrified to reach 35?
Also, please mention approximately how much money you spend every month to fight wrinkles.
Please, try to keep this from becoming a woman to woman advice forum about the best ways to fight wrinkles.
Maybe there are other men who also think wrinkles are attractive and sexy.
Yes, I too agree 100%. It's nice to look at pretty girls but it's even nicer to view a seasoned woman that has earned her place in the world.

My wife of 45 years is every bit as beautiful ,to me, as when we were first married ,in fact, even more so. I know how she got every wrinkle , every stretch mark, every worry line and all of that makes her so much more beautiful to me than any "young thing" could ever be.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,646,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Yes, I too agree 100%. It's nice to look at pretty girls but it's even nicer to view a seasoned woman that has earned her place in the world.

My wife of 45 years is every bit as beautiful ,to me, as when we were first married ,in fact, even more so. I know how she got every wrinkle , every stretch mark, every worry line and all of that makes her so much more beautiful to me than any "young thing" could ever be.
45 is not "old"!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
45 is not "old"!!!
I think they've been married for 45 years lol

Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM

8,957 posts, read 17,000,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
45 is not "old"!!!
Hmmmm......I said..."My wife of 45 years" not that she was 45!

It would be nice if she was a kid of 45 again! Woo Woo!!!!! Oh yea.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty