U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM

9,194 posts, read 10,143,406 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgVlRvl2DI0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:31 PM

862 posts, read 2,264,220 times
Well unfortunately men who love wrinkles are probably on the wane. Society is training men to expect augmented, botoxed, filled and hair extended and otherwise shorn. At 27. Shana Moakler I just read started at 27. You know, to prevent lines.
But real beauty is sacrificed for the sake of youth. A 50 year old woman's face will look young and rested due to procedures, but her face will not express depth, sorrow or concern. She will be a frozen mask of her former beauty, she will never express the beauty that comes with deep emotion and human feeling. When I am comforting my future grand children because they have skinned a knee, they will know that I am sincerely sad for them, and they will think that's beautiful. Love is beautiful, its the human code. Women who erase their emotions give up the most essential element of their beauty.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:09 PM

6,231 posts, read 9,517,266 times
Wow whoever made this thread is nasty. Good luck with your life!!

Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,631,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wow whoever made this thread is nasty. Good luck with your life!!
What, are you 12?
What an immature remark.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 AM

15,535 posts, read 35,662,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Well unfortunately men who love wrinkles are probably on the wane. Society is training men to expect augmented, botoxed, filled and hair extended and otherwise shorn. At 27. Shana Moakler I just read started at 27. You know, to prevent lines.
But real beauty is sacrificed for the sake of youth. A 50 year old woman's face will look young and rested due to procedures, but her face will not express depth, sorrow or concern. She will be a frozen mask of her former beauty, she will never express the beauty that comes with deep emotion and human feeling. When I am comforting my future grand children because they have skinned a knee, they will know that I am sincerely sad for them, and they will think that's beautiful. Love is beautiful, its the human code. Women who erase their emotions give up the most essential element of their beauty.
Oh ... I don't know ... even a frozen face can express emotion.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:17 PM

148 posts, read 500,625 times
Guess you better start saving or find a rich man or lady which ever you perfer to keep those wrinkles at bay. Oh dont forget he will get tired of dishing out the green stuff to keep you young looking he will want the real thing and not the fake for to long. when he/she can spend 1/2 of what they would spend to keep the wrinkles away on someone who is the real thing. Besides guess you don`t know or never have known what try love is or having a soul mate.
It is called reality of life. Your born pay taxes and death those are the only 3 things that are a sure thing . But, its agood thing we have choice on how we want to live are lifes. Some like plastic surgery some like the really thing. Nobody is undesirable . There is always someone for someone.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:24 PM

862 posts, read 2,264,220 times
Years of skin abuse are not sexy, perhaps I overstated. But Joan Rivers and Cher and are not the way I want to look. Have you ever seen an over botoxed actress really cry? Its disturbing! Its like something is askew and you are not sure what.

My comment is more about the movement of artificial beauty as a whole. Has any one seen the Twilight Zone episode where every member of society gets a total plastic surgery overhaul choosing from one of about 8 different models? Tell me we are not headed towards a reprogramming where young people keep seeing in the media :the same straight narrow nose, fuller breasts for all, no forehead lines on women, etc. Its a little scary!

Old 02-25-2011, 01:50 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,465,037 times
Wrinkles & the "older" look have generally gone out of fashion since Botox hit in the late 90s & early 2000s. I never worried about wrinkles till I got them & started hearing about it. I haven't met these men who prefer their women wrinkled & haggy.....to the contrary, I've noticed many men are hostile to any woman who appears older than 35......

Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,631,078 times
I find that a few wrinkles on women older than myself can be really sexy.

Case in point?
Andie MacDowell (or however you spell her name):

Wouldn't kick her outta bed

Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,346,221 times
I can't believe it! The Prune Song!

"We have wrinkles on our face, pruney has them every place! No matter how young a prune may be he's always getting stewed."

Used to sing that in choir. (Thanks for the memory Happy!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty