U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:47 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,079,640 times

Advertisements

NO problem ?? do you like ,though I am too young!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,483,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I find that a few wrinkles on women older than myself can be really sexy.

Case in point?
Andie MacDowell (or however you spell her name):

Wouldn't kick her outta bed
Ah, Groundhog Day. One of my favorite movies. The true definition of a beautiful woman indeed.

The shape of the face is of much greater importance to me than the smoothness when it comes to my definition of sexiness/beauty.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,511,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Greetings to you all.
I am an older man, not ancient. I have wrinkles myself.
For many years I have wondered why so many women go into a panic when they see wrinkles in their faces. Personally, I find such women very attractive. In my view, wrinkles add personality, enhance a pretty face, and are a sign of maturity.
Why do they spend billions of dollars for various creams and treatments which probably don't work anyway.
I'd like to hear from women, of all ages, what they think of wrinkles on a woman. Does it lower the confidence? Are wrinkles considered as flaws? Are wrinkles preventing women from finding a mate?
As for the younger women, are you terrified to reach 35?
Also, please mention approximately how much money you spend every month to fight wrinkles.
Please, try to keep this from becoming a woman to woman advice forum about the best ways to fight wrinkles.
Maybe there are other men who also think wrinkles are attractive and sexy.
As a woman, I will agree will you that some of it is rather sexy..thinking of Anne Archer when she starred with Michael Douglas in "Fatal Attraction" I think a movie critic described her as "eternally 35" now those are wrinkles that look..."cute" But OP, you know that you don't think the amount of wrinkling on the other end of aging continuum is "cute" Just be honest. That said, I think that men who find women with a few wrinkles sexy to be sophisticated, mature and highly desireable for their lack of superficialness.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 AM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
Wrinkles, OK. Gray hair, not OK.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM

467 posts, read 546,948 times
No, not true. Wrinkles are preventable and reversible. People who have wrinkles do not know how to maintain themselves, or perhaps don't care. It is no longer a sexist issue either; wrinkles look bad on both sexes.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
No, not true. Wrinkles are preventable and reversible. People who have wrinkles do not know how to maintain themselves, or perhaps don't care. It is no longer a sexist issue either; wrinkles look bad on both sexes.
Um, what?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times
My son..."Mr. Cougar Hunter"...routinely tells his friends they are idiots for not hanging with older women. He says they are smarter, funnier, sexier, and wealthier than younger women. His last GF...was 15 years older than him. I just say nothing.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:18 PM

467 posts, read 546,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Um, what?
In case you hadn't heard, wrinkles are caused mostly by UVA light. Everyone can avoid excessive exposure to UVA either by staying indoors or using sunscreen when outside. You can reverse what damage you have with something called Copper Peptides:
Copper Peptide Studies on Skin Renewal, Wound Healing and Hair Growth

The new beauty standard is much more wrinkle free than it was decades ago because there are so many ways to treat wrinkles so no, wrinkles aren't "sexy". Saying they are is just typical sexism which patronizes women through an innately judgemental tone. Wrinles are unsexy for everyone, not just women.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,607,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
In case you hadn't heard, wrinkles are caused mostly by UVA light. Everyone can avoid excessive exposure to UVA either by staying indoors or using sunscreen when outside. You can reverse what damage you have with something called Copper Peptides:
Copper Peptide Studies on Skin Renewal, Wound Healing and Hair Growth

The new beauty standard is much more wrinkle free than it was decades ago because there are so many ways to treat wrinkles so no, wrinkles aren't "sexy". Saying they are is just typical sexism which patronizes women through an innately judgemental tone. Wrinles are unsexy for everyone, not just women.
People are going to get wrinkles whether they go out in the sun or not.
Frankly, I find your patronizing tone towards me offensive.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:37 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,137,853 times
I'm always trying to find a product that improves my skin tone and get really confused as they are all billed as anti-wrinkle.

There are two types of faces/skin, genetically. Those that tend to wrinkle and those that sag. I'm a sagger. Fair haired, thin skin types tend to be wrinklers. thats not to say that the sun, environmental conditions won't also have an impact, they do. But it would probably take a lot more sun and smoking to make me wrinkle than a genetically predispositioned fair thin skinned type.

That said, I think crow's feet, smile wrinkles can look good. But when the wrinkles get heavy or are involved in really crepey necks not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty