U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:44 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,229,335 times

Advertisements

The secret to good skin when you get older is moisturize. I spend about 45 on Lancome face wash made with milk and honey, Lancome day moisturizer at $115-120, and Lancome nighttime moisturizer at $160-180. I have used it since I was 46, and am now 52. Even with many years sunbathing as a teenager, my skin is relatively wrinkle free, except for some frown lines, which I will get filler for when it gets to where I can't stand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,333,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Why fight age?
I personally don't feel attracted to living Barbie Dolls.
As for the actresses mentioned, yes they aged gracefully and still retained an attractiveness. One woman, who I think had a problem with aging was Mary Tyler Moore. She was a very pretty young woman. She might have been a pretty older woman. But her obvious cosmetic make over is embarrassing to look at. She looks like a freak.
One post said too bad more men don't think like me...how do you know they don't?
Trouble is some actresses have work done but still deny it. It just makes us other mere mortals feel terrible about having wrinkles.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:04 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,333,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
No, not true. Wrinkles are preventable and reversible. People who have wrinkles do not know how to maintain themselves, or perhaps don't care. It is no longer a sexist issue either; wrinkles look bad on both sexes.
Absolute rubbish, as women age and hit menopause lack of hormones will lead to skin not being so plump, you will get wrinkles.
As for the men not wanting women with wrinkles, as if they are not aging themselves

Old 10-22-2012, 04:17 PM

467 posts, read 546,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
Absolute rubbish, as women age and hit menopause lack of hormones will lead to skin not being so plump, you will get wrinkles.
As for the men not wanting women with wrinkles, as if they are not aging themselves
Not so. The skin can continually be rebuilt and healed on a daily basis. Just slap some peptides on. No, you may not look like you are 25 but you certainly won't look your age.

Skin Care, Anti-Aging, NCN Professional Skin Care
This woman is post menopausal and is an example of what copper peptides can do.

How old would say this lady is? 35? 40? 55? Or is it almost impossible to tell.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:37 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Aint photoshop great?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM

1,459 posts, read 2,119,595 times
Markymarc, the studies on copper peptides are (1) scant and (2) not terribly convincing. Not for anyone who is accustomed to demanding real data.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Aint photoshop great?
I was told the other day I pass from 22-42; people honestly can't tell my age. In any case, the copper peptides have been proved through scientific studies. If people don't use them, that is their choice. But they do work and are a way to prevent wrinkling as you age:
Published Articles & Presentations
Copper Peptide Studies on Skin Renewal, Wound Healing and Hair Growth

Also worth noting, Loren (Dr. P) is 70 something but appears to be 55-60 years old.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
I was told the other day I pass from 22-42; people honestly can't tell my age. In any case, the copper peptides have been proved through scientific studies. If people don't use them, that is their choice. But they do work and are a way to prevent wrinkling as you age:
Published Articles & Presentations
Copper Peptide Studies on Skin Renewal, Wound Healing and Hair Growth

Also worth noting, Loren (Dr. P) is 70 something but appears to be 55-60 years old.
Its not called "hope in a bottle" for nothing.
Funny how those "studies" dont cite group size, etc.
Like I said, aint photoshop great?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Copper peptide sounds like something I'd clean my drains with.

Wrinkles are better than many things, among them plastic surgery and death.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its not called "hope in a bottle" for nothing.
Funny how those "studies" dont cite group size, etc.
Like I said, aint photoshop great?
Copper peptides have smoothed and tightened my skin; they work exactly as Loren says they do because they are based on science. I just turned 42 the other day but these days am rarely guessed as being older than 30. If people want to have wrinkles and think wrinkles are sexy, it's a matter of personal choice.

Loren is 70 something and looks much younger:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty