U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Copper peptides have smoothed and tightened my skin; they work exactly as Loren says they do because they are based on science. I just turned 42 the other day but these days am rarely guessed as being older than 30. If people want to have wrinkles and think wrinkles are sexy, it's a matter of personal choice.

Loren is 70 something and looks much younger:

Funny how you keep ignoring everything I have said, and keep posting photoshopped pics.
Cite some studies that show group size, control group etc.......you know, real scientific studies?
Methinks you are perhaps trying to sell this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM

467 posts, read 546,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Funny how you keep ignoring everything I have said, and keep posting photoshopped pics.
Cite some studies that show group size, control group etc.......you know, real scientific studies?
Methinks you are perhaps trying to sell this stuff.
I have used the products 2+ years and have my own proof thanks. No wrinkles and totally got rid of my down turned corners! I was told I needed a face lift in my mid 30s and now hear I look 30.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,612,660 times
Quote:
I have used the products 2+ years and have my own proof thanks. No wrinkles and totally got rid of my down turned corners! I was told I needed a face lift in my mid 30s and now hear I look 30.
Where are the REAL scientific studies I asked you for?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,333,737 times
Quote:
A facelift in your 30's !!!!! why???????

Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,609,308 times
Some wrinkles are okay, like the laugh lines around a woman's eyes who has had a lot of joy in her life. I can see how those wrinkles make a pretty woman even prettier and add character to her face. But some wrinkles just look BAD. I'm afraid I'm headed for the bad kind. Spent too much time in the sun in my youth. Come to think of it, I think that's the difference. Wrinkles that are expression lines don't look so bad at all, because other than the expression lines, the face is smooth. It's when your skin is damaged from too much sun exposure that the wrinkles look bad because they are more extensive and aren't just lines of expression.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM

467 posts, read 546,948 times
Nah, wrinkles are B.S.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fa...pagewanted=all

I realize people have not caught on to the truth about copper peptides which actually have been proven to work TWICE as well as retinoids. There is scientific proof as well as anecdotal evidence all over the Internet. My face is night and day different from using CPs; best beauty product I have ever used, along with the Clarisonic.

Read all about it:
Copper peptide GHK-Cu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 PM

40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times
I just have to ask - what's wrong with looking our age, embracing our age, enjoying our age? I am fifty and I don't care if I look fifty. My gosh, I am a GRANDMOTHER and wouldn't a 35 year old grandmother raise some eyebrows? And why would I want to look 40 - what's so glamorous about that? I'm not ashamed of my age. I hope I get a LOT older and if I LOOKING older is part of the deal, well I'll take it!

I think it's sort of pathetic to worry about what age people think we are. "Oh my gosh, I wonder if they think I look FIFTY??? I'd just die."

I was excited to turn fifty. I had no idea it would feel so great and that life would be so full of fun and excitement! I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:48 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,332,656 times
I am 59 and have more laugh lines than wrinkles on my face. For a long time I was coloring my hair and highlighting it every month, and putting creams on my face. I finally got to the point where I thought, what the he**, I am what I am, take it or leave it, I am not going to fight my age. So I let my hair color go to the salt and pepper that it is now, and stopped the special creams, and I am fine with that decision. I earned what wrinkles I have, mind as well embrace them.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,389,329 times
actually if you go to a site called LABPE, and look under cosmetic peptides they have 4 of them and their uses and reports. I use straight peptides on my face. I use the liquid. I reconstitute the power with bac water and use a syringe and put it directly on my face. I am using two of them right now. I love them!! IN makeup /creams they dont last long so by the time you get the product the peptides are already broken down. These are research chemicals and can be bought legally. Peptides do work in this way.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 AM

8,738 posts, read 9,579,404 times
oh please. no men I ever seen like wrinkles or consider them 'pretty.' who's dense enough to buy that? get real.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 10-27-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty