U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 PM

615 posts, read 420,145 times

Advertisements

What do you think? Do you think males should stop wearing shorts at a certain age, and what kind of shorts should they wear, long, mid, thigh showing? I'm in my very late 20's and have basically stopped wearing shorts, unless I'm playing sports, most of the shorts on the market are too ghetto or too short and preppy, my father is 70 and I never seen him wear shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 PM

2,002 posts, read 3,986,402 times
If a kid, man, or grandpa wants to wear shorts because we have +100F here in TX, good for him. I'm sure no one would think a bad think about that at all. Even in court a casual attire is allowed due to the weather.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM

2,442 posts, read 4,875,380 times
The idea that someone should stop wearing shorts at a certain age is ludicrous. Like most clothing, they may or may not be time and place appropriate. But for casual everyday wear, there is nothing wrong with wearing shorts.

I agree that too many shorts are ghetto looking, or are made to look like they've just been pulled out of a dirty pile of laundry. I don't know where you are finding shorts that are too short and preppy. With the exception of some of the running shorts, it is very difficult to find shorts any shorter than at the knee. Most are below the knee.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:59 AM

3,581 posts, read 9,003,983 times
There are places on this planet where it is a legal requirement to wear shorts, regardless of age.

Bermuda, in case you were wondering. According to a friend of mine who took a job there a few years ago, the legal business attire on the island is......you guessed it....Bermuda Shorts, jacket,shirt and tie.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:40 AM

2,192 posts, read 6,036,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
What do you think? Do you think males should stop wearing shorts at a certain age, and what kind of shorts should they wear, long, mid, thigh showing? I'm in my very late 20's and have basically stopped wearing shorts, unless I'm playing sports, most of the shorts on the market are too ghetto or too short and preppy, my father is 70 and I never seen him wear shorts.

I think you are a prude and are way older then your true age.

busta

Old 07-31-2010, 04:12 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,597,235 times
Man i wont care a damn to even sport a Gandhi Dhoti or the Amazonian loin cloth around my crotch if the temperature is beyond my comfort level .. fashion goes to kiss my neighbours butt ! lol

Old 07-31-2010, 04:19 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,597,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
There are places on this planet where it is a legal requirement to wear shorts, regardless of age.

Bermuda, in case you were wondering. According to a friend of mine who took a job there a few years ago, the legal business attire on the island is......you guessed it....Bermuda Shorts, jacket,shirt and tie.
And those colorfull butterfly shirts with flowers and all .. the straw hat .. flip flops or sandals and the Rayban .. Oakleys whatever .. that shiney aluminium briefcase and holy molly a .45 colt revolver tucked in the holster .. sounds like im all geared up for San Andreas .. GTA rulz !!

Old 07-31-2010, 08:06 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
Why wear shorts when you can afford linen pants? Thats how I look at it. I do think there is a certain age where you need to keep them at BBQs, beach-times and thats it. A guy looks a million times better in some decent linen pants and shirt vs. shorts and a t-shirt.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM

9,415 posts, read 11,276,729 times
My SO rocks the linen shorts with a linen shirt look. Classy, timeless and looks great on almost any age.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:42 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,456,825 times
In the summer here in Texas.. it doesn't matter who you are. Y'all are going to wear shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty