Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm less insecure than I thought... Or maybe I've just matured past all of this angst. If I saw a group of men ogling Victoria's Secret models, I'd just smile and shake my head. Boys will be boys, right? If a guy with a beautiful chest and back goes jogging past me on my way to work, I look. It means nothing, other than appreciating beauty for a moment. No harm done.

Even if my husband (no, I'm not married, but this is just a "what if") were ogling some random woman, I wouldn't care. If he went out of his way to see her, or if he began talking to her, that's different - but we're not talking about that.

Besides, if you're in a good relationship then the size of anyone's appendages shouldn't even be an issue. If it is an issue, you're with the wrong person. And if someone keeps harping on it, and bringing it up over and over, they should be the recipient of the "dead fish stare". Under no circumstances should this become a debate, because that person isn't being reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Yessss Yyyyeeessss

Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,174 times
what that hell was that?

Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
what that hell was that?
Its spam. If you report it using the little red triangle, they will delete it and him.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
Its spam. If you report it using the little red triangle, they will delete it and him.
done

and

done

Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
No pics yet? I can set everyone straight with simple pics. No Man Boobs wanted..

I am very qualified since i am a cheap biker tramp. Bikers know this stuff.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
reported that one as well, I'm new and even I know better.

Mac, you are funny.

Personally I appreciate all human beauty male or female and I have in the past nudged Sneakers (my husband) and told him to look at one woman or another because she was beautiful or had nice looking boobs. The first time I did that to him he almost choked to death but he is sort of used to by now, we've been together 7 years and I am not insecure at all, he does come home to me all the time.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 AM

49 posts, read 110,891 times
Well I guess I'm different than all you super secure people. I envy all of you honestly.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,046,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavijah View Post
Well I guess I'm different than all you super secure people. I envy all of you honestly.
You've received 19 pages worth of responses and you still have to "envy" those that are secure (and we're not all "super secure"); instead of finding things about yourself that are admirable. Focus on the positives.

If people ask for advice and they still come to their negative opinion about themselves, then 20+ pages won't make the difference unless they choose to see it for themselves. Some people, despite asking for help, stay miserable because they're too accustomed to self-pity, and the attention it gives them. It's a shame that they can't/won't see what others can.

Being "different" has nothing to do with whether or not you can become more secure. Being secure isn't exclusive: it's a decision people make to like themselves anyway.

Last edited by LexWest; 08-10-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavijah View Post
I think I did not give this problem the proper respect.

This is actually an emotional issue on both ends. Men are biologically attracted to large breasts. That's why girls when the get to mating age their breasts expand as part of the process of natural selection. Men are not making intellectual decisions about this.

And, you are not making intellectual decisions about it either. You express lack of self esteem yet you have had strangers poring over your breast (figuratively) for 20 pages of posts. If you were thinking about this intellectually, you would have just got the +2's and called it a day. But, you have engaged in an emotional exercise also.

I'll repeat what I said above. No one likes small breasts except the henpecked husbands of women who have them and lesbians. But, you will find someone that loves you regardless of your breast size just like you would find someone who loves you if you are short or tall or bald.

Last edited by Wilson513; 08-10-2010 at 12:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty