Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
On the contrary. I find your irrational and fallacious posts quite fascinating.

Kinda like listening to the doctor, because you're the one that's sick and he isn't.

Makes alllllllll kinds of sense ...

Or maybe it's a strong signal that says "Man, what a jerk! Get me outta here ... "
This is about opposite sex relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
This is about opposite sex relationships.
Opposite of what?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I doubt this. I think that he is experiencing how the women respond to him. Other posters have put it differently but it boils down to this. Women he finds attractive reject his advances.

To conclude something about these attractive women is silly. All of the data tells us that good looking people are more successful. this is in part because they have self confidence and are not distracted by issues of self esteem. Are there good looking people that have self esteem issues? Sure, there is an exception to every rule. But that is not what is at work here.

My wife tells me that one of the hardest things a good looking girl has to cope with is avoiding eye contact with undesirable guys so that you don't have to hurt their feelings by saying: "sorry, not interested."

That's what is at work here.
Good point. I think that's actually what I was trying to say.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
My wife tells me that one of the hardest things a good looking girl has to cope with is avoiding eye contact with undesirable guys so that you don't have to hurt their feelings by saying: "sorry, not interested."

That's what is at work here.
Exactly. It's sad that people don't understand this. They immediately assume it's arrogance but maybe it's actually compassion. Disclaimer....of course, I'm not saying it's true for all people.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:47 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I have noticed a trend that the women who are good looking (pretty face, slimmer body) have attitude issues and are more likely to play hard to get then the ones who are chubby.

Also, it seems like the chubby ones are a lot more aggressive in pursueing men then that pretty girl.

Any comments on this?

Yes not true...
I dont have attitude issues. Im one of the nicest persons you'll ever meet.
If I have standard that doesnt make me hard to get, I just know what I deserve. I try and look at the persons character and moral value..playing hard to get is High School stuff. As for the chubby ones, I know some that have bubbly personalities that men find attractive.
Its all in how you carry yourself and self esteem and knowing what you deserve, and not carrying what the guy you turned down thinks your playing hard to get.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Opposite of what?
Opposites attract. Although I welcome women's responses but I don't take them into consideration unless you are are bi/lesbian.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yes not true...
I dont have attitude issues. Im one of the nicest persons you'll ever meet.
If I have standard that doesnt make me hard to get, I just know what I deserve. I try and look at the persons character and moral value..playing hard to get is High School stuff. As for the chubby ones, I know some that have bubbly personalities that men find attractive.
Its all in how you carry yourself and self esteem and knowing what you deserve, and not carrying what the guy you turned down thinks your playing hard to get.
Women of any age can play hard to get especially if they look good.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Confident people play hard to get because they know that their self-worth isn't wrapped up around who they are dating or in a relationship with. Confident people pursue what they want rather than worry about what others might think of them pursuing what they want. Confident people come in various shapes and genders.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Confident people play hard to get because they know that their self-worth isn't wrapped up around who they are dating or in a relationship with. Confident people pursue what they want rather than worry about what others might think of them pursuing what they want. Confident people come in various shapes and genders.
Playing hard to get is for people who have time to waste.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Have you ever contemplated that some are hard to get - they're not "playing"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty