Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I'm sort of a guy's guy, at least an older one that is. I follow the code and rules of men. And, I have fallen into the role of father confessor to two generations of men on issues of marriage business and health. I have arranged maybe 30 bachelor parties and have accompanied more than a dozen friends to court at divorce time. I have the names and numbers of a couple of counselors and a psychiatrist on my phone list for referrals. So, i think I know a little about what guys care about and what they think about.

And, for the life of me I cannot figure out what guys would care to discuss girdles and Brazilian wax and Speedos and leg hair in the context of Fashion and Beauty. I'll I can conclude is that I have stumbled into a gays only forum (not that there is anything wrong with gays) and didn't know it.
the code and rules of men means as you have witnessed, lots of divorces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,360,867 times
I doubt that personal loyalty to male friends is a cause of divorce. Two factors occur to me: changed circumstances, and dishonesty. I suppose a few of my bachelor parties were contributing factors.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:24 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,237,806 times
Believe it or not, some men actually want to know about this stuff - even if they never plan on doing it. I think it's a natural outcropping of human curiosity.

It's actually easier to go to an anonymous forum and ask a bunch of strangers these odd questions than to ask your buddies over beer and hoops at the local sports bar or to heaven forbid ask the person you're sleeping with

Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Believe it or not, some men actually want to know about this stuff - even if they never plan on doing it. I think it's a natural outcropping of human curiosity.

It's actually easier to go to an anonymous forum and ask a bunch of strangers these odd questions than to ask your buddies over beer and hoops at the local sports bar or to heaven forbid ask the person you're sleeping with
Oh, you got that right. If someone is watching the game on TV on a bar stool and asks someone if he thought a girdle would make for a better look, it had better be a gay bar.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,874,048 times
Oh yeah, I am all about female fashion. I am working out a bra that can hold a 3rd beer.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM

292 posts, read 542,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
(not that there is anything wrong with gays)
Why do people always say that? That has to be one of the most overused terms in society.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:29 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
Why do people always say that? That has to be one of the most overused terms in society.
It's very popular with Christian homophobes.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM

660 posts, read 1,393,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You know how women are: "cluck cluck cluck, moo moo moo moo, cackle cackle cackle......" all the time.
I really hope you treat your wife with more respect than you seem to appear to have for the Women that post here. Some of your comments have been really misogynistic.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
It's very popular with Christian homophobes.
You don't have a sense of humor. Aren't you aware that the reference for that expression is the Seinfeld show? It a pimp on the politically correct crowd that is afraid to talk openly about homosexuals without qualifying themselves as gay tolerant.

I don't care if you think I'm gay tolerant, or gay, or a Christian homophobe. I could call you an anti-semetic bigot and have as much information on the subject as you calling me a Christian homophobe. I said the expression as sarcasm toward those who are scared to death someone might think them intolerant. Again, I don't care what you think. You just missed the humor.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,773,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Not this man.
....and I live in a super gay area.
Greenwich Village NYC.
Freak Central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty