Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do I do with the shirt?
Yes, keep it! 37 80.43%
No, trash it ASAP, kemosabe! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,692,053 times

Advertisements

Pink on men means one of the following:
  1. "I'm gay!!!! Get used to it."
  2. "I'm straight, but I just want to see what reaction I would get. Hehehe! That was fun!"
  3. "My wife bought me this shirt. Please don't make any snide remarks. Thank you for your sympathy!"
  4. "I have no fashion sense whatsoever. Please try to tell me you 'like my shirt' without too much sarcasm. I promise to go home and burn this shirt."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Well, if we let fashion dictate....

I think pink shirts for men were fashionable in the late eighties. (I'm old. So I remember. ) ( My husband had one as well as my five year old son.) Then they went "out" again. No pink for men. Recently, however, I think they are "in" again though. So no fashion maven here, but I am just reporting what I'm seeing and I am seeing pink shirts being worn again by men.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Your socks should match your PANTS/SHOES not your SHIRT.
Exactly. Where on earth did he get the idea to match his SHIRT??

Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, if we let fashion dictate....

I think pink shirts for men were fashionable in the late eighties. (I'm old. So I remember. ) ( My husband had one as well as my five year old son.) Then they went "out" again. No pink for men. Recently, however, I think they are "in" again though. So no fashion maven here, but I am just reporting what I'm seeing and I am seeing pink shirts being worn again by men.
THey have alway been in fashion. Where do people get the idea that shirt *colors* go IN and OUT of fashion???

Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
IMO there is nothing wrong with pink shirts on men with darker complexions. Lighter complexions, that's a problem and same goes for lilac. Maybe it has something to do with the contrast. Anyway, the matching socks in any case is going too far. Just my heterosexual male opinion.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
THey have alway been in fashion. Where do people get the idea that shirt *colors* go IN and OUT of fashion???
I dunno. I just comment on what I am seeing in the stores (and what I'm NOT) for boys and men and what I see men actually wearing. I'm seeing "pink" for them again and I haven't in many years. At least here in the Dallas area.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
IMO there is nothing wrong with pink shirts on men with darker complexions. Lighter complexions, that's a problem and same goes for lilac. Maybe it has something to do with the contrast. Anyway, the matching socks in any case is going too far. Just my heterosexual male opinion.
I have seen NO male wearing pink socks. Not to say they don't but I haven't seen it.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,882,982 times
I really don't care much for a man wearing a pink shirt or a yellow shirt too, at that. But if they want to, then let them. But I say keep it and donate it to the thrift store. Never throw away clothes, just donate them to your nearest thrift store. Some nice poor family will love to wear them.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You got me! Pink is a pretty classic color when it comes mens' dress shirts. Maybe these folks don't live in metro areas where people dress up in business attire?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I think Pink and Lilac work for lighter complexions as well. My husband is a fair Irishman and I find those colors to be very flattering on him and other fair complexion men. When he's having shirts made, I tell him to make sure he has at least one pink and one lilac shirt done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty