Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do I do with the shirt?
Yes, keep it! 37 80.43%
No, trash it ASAP, kemosabe! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Rest assured, ladies, my mostly frequent socks are white/black. It's just one or two at the most days of the week I experiment. That's also when I'm not attending meetings and the like.

I go into work in formals, even on Fridays, I'm one of those best bib and tucker freaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I have to laugh because I told my husband about this thread today as he was wearing a "pink shirt." Turns out he received a number of compliments on his shirt from the buyers he dealt this afternoon. Then he told them about his wife's online debate over pink shirts and they agreed, men look great in pink. Then he sold them a bunch of stuff so he could buy more pink shirts.
Yes, I do

Friday I saw an older guy wearing a pink striped shirt with white collars. I'm not a big fan of this kind of shirt which has white collars that is distinctive from the rest of the shirt which happens to be gray or blue. I've seen some guys wear it inside suits and it looks kind of alright.

And this guy was also wearing suspenders. That's been one of my passions since my kiddo years, but I never got the chance to wear it yet. Perhaps, some day. When you're at the middle layer of the corporate stack, suspenders don't look good.

I need to pack 10 more years and become one of those executive fat cats. That would be the time for suspenders.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:11 PM

23 posts, read 84,901 times
Ugh. Wear whatever you want. I doubt you would get shot for wearing a pink shirt.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yes, I do

Friday I saw an older guy wearing a pink striped shirt with white collars. I'm not a big fan of this kind of shirt which has white collars that is distinctive from the rest of the shirt which happens to be gray or blue. I've seen some guys wear it inside suits and it looks kind of alright.

And this guy was also wearing suspenders. That's been one of my passions since my kiddo years, but I never got the chance to wear it yet. Perhaps, some day. When you're at the middle layer of the corporate stack, suspenders don't look good.

I need to pack 10 more years and become one of those executive fat cats. That would be the time for suspenders.

My husband has a number of dress shirts where the collar and french cuffs are white, but the body is a different color (all pastels: lilac, pink or light blue fabrics.) I love the look under a suit or with dress pants. I find it definitely fitting if you're an executive.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My husband has a number of dress shirts where the collar and french cuffs are white, but the body is a different color (all pastels: lilac, pink or light blue fabrics.) I love the look under a suit or with dress pants. I find it definitely fitting if you're an executive.
Oh that's right, I forgot to mention the cuffs

Old 09-11-2010, 10:58 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Even if you don't make it to "fat cat," when you reach a certain age you can wear whatever you damn well please. You'll be "eccentric."

Old 09-11-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Even if you don't make it to "fat cat," when you reach a certain age you can wear whatever you damn well please. You'll be "eccentric."
Eccentric

Old 09-12-2010, 12:25 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Yes, I do

I dislike colored dress shirts with a white color. They almost look like an accident to me. Oops forgot to dye the collar!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Rest assured, ladies, my mostly frequent socks are white/black.
No white socks unless you are wearing tennis shoes. Don't make me send the police police over to your house.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No white socks unless you are wearing tennis shoes. Don't make me send the police police over to your house.
Police or police police?

I just put on my pink shirt folks. Wish me luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty