Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:43 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, have you been buying any Spring clothes from your favorite fashion brand yet?

IZOD has released a few of their Spring 2018 products early last month. I bought an Advantage Polo in Fairy Tale, as well as a Premium Essentials plaid button down, also in Fairy Tale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 11:11 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
The first day of winter isn't even here yet (12/21)

Old 12-17-2017, 11:42 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I was going to say the same. I'm still buying winter clothes. Why would I buy something that I wouldn't be able to wear for another 3-4 months?

Old 12-17-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I know IZOD and some other fashion companies have started to release their Spring collections, although they don't typically start promoting them until February. IZOD typically releases their first Fall products (which also encompasses Winter) in June, with ads usually beginning in September. IZOD also has a third "Holiday" collection, which are Christmas-styled products, typically released about a month before Spring collection.

I know some higher-end women's fashion lines divide their calendar into four seasons - in addition to Spring and Fall, the other two seasons are not Summer and Winter as you would expect, but Pre-Fall and Resort/Cruise. Pre-Fall are essentially warm weather clothes in fall colors. Resort/Cruise speaks for itself - they are clothes meant to go on a holiday vacation to a warm weather resort or to go on a cruise.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
First, I have to get through the holidays. Then, I have to end of season sales.

Then I’ll become interested in Spring clothes.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
First, I have to get through the holidays. Then, I have to end of season sales.

Then I’ll become interested in Spring clothes.
Note that even though IZOD has started selling some of their Spring 2018 products last month, they are still promoting their Holiday 2017 collections as well as some of their Fall 2017 products. Usually advertising for the Spring products doesn't start until February.

At the same time, while IZOD initially releases their Fall collections in June, the advertising doesn't start until September.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:32 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Note that even though IZOD has started selling some of their Spring 2018 products last month, they are still promoting their Holiday 2017 collections as well as some of their Fall 2017 products. Usually advertising for the Spring products doesn't start until February.

At the same time, while IZOD initially releases their Fall collections in June, the advertising doesn't start until September.
Not all of us live and breathe according to the IZOD calendar. I know it must be baffling to you, but it's true.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Not all of us live and breathe according to the IZOD calendar. I know it must be baffling to you, but it's true.
I understand, and as stated, even though IZOD has released some of their Spring products, they are not yet advertising them, which probably won't start until February. This will give retailers time in January for their Fall and Holiday clearances.

Note that I live in Arizona, and because it doesn't get as cold here, I have less of a use for Fall and Holiday products.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:50 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I understand, and as stated, even though IZOD has released some of their Spring products, they are not yet advertising them, which probably won't start until February. This will give retailers time in January for their Fall and Holiday clearances.

Note that I live in Arizona, and because it doesn't get as cold here, I have less of a use for Fall and Holiday products.
My previous post just went right over your head, didn't it? Whoosh!

Old 12-18-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
My previous post just went right over your head, didn't it? Whoosh!
Note that time is running out to buy your Fall fashion, since in January is when the major retailers typically start putting Fall products on clearance to make way for Spring. This doesn't only apply to IZOD, but to all major fashion brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty