Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 PM

7,309 posts, read 5,435,267 times

Advertisements

Here's my dilema: I am going to an October wedding. I live in Illinois and October weather can be rather cool. So I have a LBD (little black dress). I want to wear these cool open toe strappy high heels with it. What should I wear on my legs! I might get cold with bare legs and then I would definately have to get a spray tan. Or should I wear black hose? My daughter says not to wear black hose with open toe shoes.
I would appreciate suggestions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,826,401 times
No hose with open toed shoes!
Spray tan or another choice of shoes, but no hose!!!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
An LBD sounds too sexy for a wedding, especially if it's in the daytime, but I am probably just picturing a different dress. If you want to wear tights, just wear different shoes.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,314,608 times
They do make sheer sandal toe pantyhose that can be worn with open toe shoes. I would not go with black hose. Stick with neutral hose. Or you could also just get the spray tan.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,121,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
They do make sheer sandal toe pantyhose that can be worn with open toe shoes. I would not go with black hose. Stick with neutral hose. Or you could also just get the spray tan.
I second the sandal toe pantyhose. Absolutely love those things. And yes, go for something close to your skin color - not black.

Then again, what type of wedding are we talking? The reason I ask is because, to some people, wearing a black dress to a wedding is inappropriate. Make sure the bride is okay with your dress choice. Last thing you want to do is face the wrath of a Bridezilla.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,704,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Here's my dilema: I am going to an October wedding. I live in Illinois and October weather can be rather cool. So I have a LBD (little black dress). I want to wear these cool open toe strappy high heels with it. What should I wear on my legs! I might get cold with bare legs and then I would definately have to get a spray tan. Or should I wear black hose? My daughter says not to wear black hose with open toe shoes.
I would appreciate suggestions!!
black opaque hose--maybe in a tasteful subtle patternYou're daughter's right about the shoes--swap them out.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM

22,181 posts, read 29,152,023 times
Yes no hose with open toes. Tacky!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM

484 posts, read 851,045 times
no hoes with open toes Pulezzzzzz or opaque thats the granny look not even grannys of this age dress that old fashion. ...... Is it outside the entire time sure they will will have heaters or fire pits to keep the guests warm . If its partial outside you can wear boots and change later when you get inside or wear dressy trousers if you have a weather comfort concern

Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM

4,152 posts, read 7,872,445 times
Everyone wears black to weddings in Illinois..especially around Chicago so that is not a problem. I would wear closed in shoes like some kind of pumps. I do not really like sandals with hose. But I would not be afraid to wear hose to a wedding. The no hose look is going out as people realize how impractical it is especially for areas with cold weather. And most people look better with hose on their legs to cover up imperfections. If you must wear hose with your sandals pick a color that is neutral sheer similar to the color of your legs maybe only better and make sure they are sandalfoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty